Criticism of Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont like kiperty or the dippers but to compare him to those managers isnt fair imo hes been to two champions league finals in the last two years (winning one) and is probably going to get over 100 points this season and finishing well clear of us in 2nd no matter how much i hate them and how we have performed at times this season we cant deny what klopp has done at liverpool hes atleast almost as good as pep surely?
Well if he took the FA cup seriously now he has won the league and played a strong team, nobody would dispute he is a good manager, but for that very reason Pep beats him hands down.

The history of our club and its achievements are as valid as any other club in world football. The work you do in codifying and maintaining that history is invaluable. To the brief overview you have posted here I'd just like to add one more thing.. 1937, Berlin Olympic Stadium - City's players, recently crowned English champions, refused to comply with the expected Nazi salute prior to playing the friendly game against a German select XI. During the past number of years since Sheik Mansour took us over, whenever I've heard or read fans of other clubs lobbing their lazy cliché at us that we are a club with 'No history' or 'No class', I think about what our players did that day in Berlin. That took some guts. It also demonstrated their class. Pity the craven FA caved in to the Nazis a year later when England played an international in the same stadium against the Germans, ordering the players to complete the Nazi salute..

Absolutely this was told about this before I reached my teen's
Yet I couldn't recall it till your post mate
Can imagine if we did it today.the media
Man City disrespect the Nazi party

Two bulletins of North West news sport on BBC Breakfast this morning.

Both open saying United at the Etihad to play tonight as if rags are local team travelling to play an important game abroad.

Earlier bulletin then has clip of OGS interview, bright shiny schoolboy face optimistically bigging up united likening it to their win from behind against PSG.

Next bulletin same opening about united at Etihad but this time followed by clip of Pep not looking bright and shiny and saying more about United than City.

I know these things get edited to suit but he seemed totally unenthusiastic about the game.

"Pep doesn't understand the fan base" is a wedge that the press are going to try and hammer at every interview from now on. We see how snide Jamie Jackson, the BBC reporters and others can be with leading questions. If they think they can get a response implying that Pep doesn't understand our feelings, or is at odds with the support (I think he does expect louder backing at home, maybe getting a little spiky with this), then the press will go all out for it. Pep we have to admit is the best thing that's happened to us, fantastic football, winning in style, trophies in the cabinet.

As far as I am concerned it's all over and dusted. I wasnt happy with what Pep said, but that's not let the press try to drive a wedge between Pep and us fans. Like any 'family' we all say the wrong things to each other every now and again.
I hope we sing his name loud and proud tonight.

"Pep doesn't understand the fan base" is a wedge that the press are going to try and hammer at every interview from now on. We see how snide Jamie Jackson, the BBC reporters and others can be with leading questions. If they think they can get a response implying that Pep doesn't understand our feelings, or is at odds with the support (I think he does expect louder backing at home, maybe getting a little spiky with this), then the press will go all out for it. Pep we have to admit is the best thing that's happened to us, fantastic football, winning in style, trophies in the cabinet.

"Pep doesn't understand the fanbase "

A throwaway comment by a few sensitive souls. People forget pep is not a native English speaker, if you listen to him in Spanish or Catalan his lexicon is totally different. In English he is far from a wordsmith. Some may wish to drive an irreparable wedge between the fans and the coach. I can guarantee that they will be the same folks who will be on here slagging off the next coach. Many of them are also the same people who have said in the past Sterling is gash, or Jesus is no good, Walker is rubbish. Too much negativity, too many short memories . Taxi for Kernagan.

As far as I am concerned it's all over and dusted. I wasnt happy with what Pep said, but that's not let the press try to drive a wedge between Pep and us fans. Like any 'family' we all say the wrong things to each other every now and again.
I hope we sing his name loud and proud tonight.

Well said.

Let the healing begin.

Dont like kiperty or the dippers but to compare him to those managers isnt fair imo hes been to two champions league finals in the last two years (winning one) and is probably going to get over 100 points this season and finishing well clear of us in 2nd no matter how much i hate them and how we have performed at times this season we cant deny what klopp has done at liverpool hes atleast almost as good as pep surely?

Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery , virtually every team in the premier league and even the championship now try to play out from the back ,no doubt because of Pep's influence but i am not sure i have seen many teams playing like Klippetty's refined version of Wimbledon. Klippety has taken four years to refine his long ball tactics , Pep has been mopping up trophies for the last couple of seasons. So i really dont get the Klopp is as good as Pep opinions of many , not denying Klopp has wrung every last drop of sweat from his nine players , but lets see if he can secure back to back titles before blowing smoke up his backside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.