Bring the Noise

We’re so strange with chants, us.

“He’s top of the league” is Joleon Lescott’s chant, not Sterling’s. And it’s fucking shit!

Leroy should have a different one and Sterling should have had Leroy’s because Raheem rhymes and fits-in with “Heartbeat” better than Leroy does.

With Fernandinho, we came up with a mint chant for him and now we sing some absolute dross for him that almost every club in the country sings for a player of theirs, it’s fucking woeful and we never sing the decent one anymore.

Mahrez doesn’t have one, Gundogan doesn’t have one, Laporte’s never gets sung, Stones’ never gets sung, Walker doesn’t have one, Otamendi doesn't have one, Mendy doesn’t have one, Zinchenko doesn't have one, Rodri doesn’t have one, de Bruyne’s is fucking shit...

But a huge reason why our atmosphere has nose dived is because we started making up songs about players only as the rule, and we haven’t made up any City chants for about a quarter of a century. So when players leave, we lose their chant and it’s taking too long for new ones to be made up for other players so we are left bereft of songs.

United make up loads of chants about United and those chants can stay forever and the song list never gets empty.

We’re terrible for making up new City chants. Well, to be terrible at it would mean we do it, but we don’t, we never make up any City chants.

The last one might have been TBTITLAATW in about 1997.

If we spent a bit of time stopping trying to think of chants for players who just leave, let’s think up some new decent City chants because then it doesn’t matter who comes or goes, wed have a load of mainstays to chant anyway.

Absolutely spot-on

when the red red robin goes bob bob bobbin along

shoot the bastard shoot the bastard

I'm rockin already,hope the rest of our lot are too

cmon city

We’re so strange with chants, us.

“He’s top of the league” is Joleon Lescott’s chant, not Sterling’s. And it’s fucking shit!

Leroy should have a different one and Sterling should have had Leroy’s because Raheem rhymes and fits-in with “Heartbeat” better than Leroy does.

With Fernandinho, we came up with a mint chant for him and now we sing some absolute dross for him that almost every club in the country sings for a player of theirs, it’s fucking woeful and we never sing the decent one anymore.

Mahrez doesn’t have one, Gundogan doesn’t have one, Laporte’s never gets sung, Stones’ never gets sung, Walker doesn’t have one, Otamendi doesn't have one, Mendy doesn’t have one, Zinchenko doesn't have one, Rodri doesn’t have one, de Bruyne’s is fucking shit...

But a huge reason why our atmosphere has nose dived is because we started making up songs about players only as the rule, and we haven’t made up any City chants for about a quarter of a century. So when players leave, we lose their chant and it’s taking too long for new ones to be made up for other players so we are left bereft of songs.

United make up loads of chants about United and those chants can stay forever and the song list never gets empty.

We’re terrible for making up new City chants. Well, to be terrible at it would mean we do it, but we don’t, we never make up any City chants.

The last one might have been TBTITLAATW in about 1997.

If we spent a bit of time stopping trying to think of chants for players who just leave, let’s think up some new decent City chants because then it doesn’t matter who comes or goes, wed have a load of mainstays to chant anyway.

You are my City, My only City is a classic and perfect for tonight (every game). Early in thread @trevorriley was saying it's still sung around about the match but I have not heard it in the ground for years. Such a shame. I'd love it to come back as one of our staple songs alongside WNRH and TBTINTLIALW.
It's a proper song for belting out a few times. Would love to hear a rendition tonight if we can get it going. No, I wont be there to help, sorry. Wish I could be.

This has been going for months on away days

As has this....

The problem isn't new songs, it's that it's fucking impossible to get new ones going at home

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.