United (H) - League Cup SF 2nd Leg Post-Match Thread

Pure fcukin bluster and insults from you tonight. His record in derbies is fcukin shite:
  • Threw his very first League Cup derby, thinking about the next game ahead. They went on to win the trophy.
  • 2-0 up at home. Lose 2-3.
  • Home defeat last year.
  • Two home defeats this year against one of the shittest ever rag teams.
  • Nearly blew this tie - again because his mind was on the next match.
The sheep on here are the duvet brigade.

Deary me.

Too slow and Soppy. Still, even so City should have scored 4 but our finishing is dreadful. Sterling alone should have had a hat trick - he is running through a dreadful vein of form at the moment.

Still if you're going to win the tie and lose one of the matches, I can live with it.

Of more concern is the fact we are now a one dimensional attacking side. Wing to wing. No passing the ball down the channels or chipping the ball over the top for a foot race. Very little running at the heart of the opposition defence in the centre as well (except Foden who rarely plays). This allows a well drilled defence to put a full back out wide backed up by a centre half. It needs to change.

Last edited:
Although the defence didn't do much wrong, it's the lack of a commanding presence at the back that makes the crowd edgy . Everytime they got the ball within 40 yards of our goal this nervousness relaid to the players. This was a shite United side that didn't put us under too much pressure but Madrid I'm afraid is a step too far this season

no - i live in Cornwall - its impossible for me to get up to games

not sure hat relevance that has to anything
You can go to games from cornwall,i spent 10yrs travelling up ftrom plymouth,there are a lot of away games down on the south coast to get to now,sorry if it's health reasons you can't do it,i can meet you at brighton in april if you can

Yes, but the context was derbies.

Put it into context then, he’s played 5 derbies at Old Trafford (iirc) and we’ve won 4. Only loss being a rotated side in the league cup. I think he learnt from that and is why every year since we’ve reached the final.

His home record obviously hasn’t been great, tonight is a hard one because we progressed. He fielded a side that tore united apart and created chance after chance after chance. We were shockingly wasteful. Did you want him to run on the pitch and tap in the open nets we refused to score? He deserves criticism for the league game this year. We didn’t set up to stop their counter. Tonight we did, they didn’t counter us all night.

The 3-2, I initially was annoyed with the team he picked. They were then 2-0 up at half time. Pep didn’t ask them to go out and defend like dick heads the second half.

edited, I think it’s won 5 out of 6 at old Trafford.

I was told that Laporte has a muscle problem after a knock in the SU match and I think Pep, knowing that we were ahead in the tie, was probably resting him as we need to build on our second place in the PL. For me that’s Pep looking after his players and easing them back in after an injury. Give the lad a break.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.