United (H) - League Cup SF 2nd Leg Post-Match Thread

It was frustrating, annoying, even shite in parts. Should have scored 4,conceded an all round shit goal, but otherwise the defence was good! Bravo is shite, kev was shite, sterling beyond shite! But in the greater scheme of things, hate losing to that red shite but it's us who are off to Wembley. The end. Up the Blues.

It’s like saying u*d won the half today! Totally irrelevant to the actual goal - to get to the final. We were managing that one goal lead towards the
end, and wary of giving them an opportunity to take us on the break, as is their style, along with winning free kicks in dangerous areas. I’m as gutted as everyone not to beat them, and we had our chances galore, but if we take away who the opposition are we’d be chuffed to win a two legged tie like we did tonight.
Correct. The only time I felt they might score was at set pieces. They are a poor side and it's a shame not to give them a good hiding but the main objective was achieved.

Well done City and Pep.

We're going to Wembley!

I was told that Laporte has a muscle problem after a knock in the SU match and I think Pep, knowing that we were ahead in the tie, was probably resting him as we need to build on our second place in the PL. For me that’s Pep looking after his players and easing them back in after an injury. Give the lad a break.
That's the best comment of the evening. The piece of info I was looking for because the thought of Laporte having a problem with his knee again was a nagging worry for me. A muscle problem doesn;t sound serious. I am pretty sure I saw a report saying Pep didn't want to take a risk with Mendy, Fern and Laporte but they were not serious injuries.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.