No History but...

There are so many. But a couple of oldies. The great George Heslop's towering header at Old Shithouse where we won 3-1 on the way to the title. And of course the final 4-3 victory at Newcastle to secure the title, much to the disappointment of the BBC who televised the Rags getting beat by Sunderland at Old T. My Dad and I were there at Newcastle and I will never forget that day if I live to be 150.
I was at Newcastle too, and particularly liked their announcer telling us the scores from Old Toilet.
"Here's the half time score: Manchesh Yernitid 1, Sunderland 2" (massive (ahem) cheering).
"Here's the full time score: Manchesh Yernitid 1,"………………………
Never heard the rest due to the noise of our fans cheering. We'd won the league by two points instead of a better goal average !

Happy days. A mere child of 18 (just) at the time. I'll be 70 in April!

Blues, i know we have no history whatsoever, but whats your favourite moment ever?

Mine, like most was the Dickov goal, overtaken by the Aguero goal, but then theres the Kompany goal, the 6-1, the Yaya goals, the fact we stopped chlesea and Liverpool from having invincible seasons.

But whats yours?

Liverpool at home, our real home, Maine Road. I think it was boxing day 1985. Clive Wilson scored. We win 1 nil.

If anyone thinks liverpool are good now, in those days they dominated football. However they were respected more because we did not have the constant social media shite etc.

Also xmas time v Stoke City in Division 3. Won 2 one and went on a great run to make the play offs

There are so many. But a couple of oldies. The great George Heslop's towering header at Old Shithouse where we won 3-1 on the way to the title. And of course the final 4-3 victory at Newcastle to secure the title, much to the disappointment of the BBC who televised the Rags getting beat by Sunderland at Old T. My Dad and I were there at Newcastle and I will never forget that day if I live to be 150.
Exactly my experience.

I was at Newcastle too, and particularly liked their announcer telling us the scores from Old Toilet.
"Here's the half time score: Manchesh Yernitid 1, Sunderland 2" (massive (ahem) cheering).
"Here's the full time score: Manchesh Yernitid 1,"………………………
Never heard the rest due to the noise of our fans cheering. We'd won the league by two points instead of a better goal average !

Happy days. A mere child of 18 (just) at the time. I'll be 70 in April!
Could be me writing that. Same age. Was in the Leazes (sp) end. Someone told me a flag gets lowered 5 min from time. Saw a flag lowered waiting for whistle nothing. 5 min later newcastle get a corner score from it 3-4 still no whistle........another 5 min or so it seemed, then pandemonium.

for me its Bradford city away winning promotion in a way only city can do late goal by trevor morley, i was one of the lucky ones who got tickets packed in the small paddock behind the goal crazy
We'd have gone up that day losing 1-0 if Morley hadn't scored. That said, at half time with palace 4-0 and needing to win by 5 if we lost 1-0 it was squeaky bum time. Palace ended up winning 4-1 so it was irrelevant but certainly relieved the 89th minute tensions!

We'd have gone up that day losing 1-0 if Morley hadn't scored. That said, at half time with palace 4-0 and needing to win by 5 if we lost 1-0 it was squeaky bum time. Palace ended up winning 4-1 so it was irrelevant but certainly relieved the 89th minute tensions!

yep

its always the same ?? we was minutes from disaster or minutes from glory

Liverpool at home, our real home, Maine Road. I think it was boxing day 1985. Clive Wilson scored. We win 1 nil.

If anyone thinks liverpool are good now, in those days they dominated football. However they were respected more because we did not have the constant social media shite etc.

Also xmas time v Stoke City in Division 3. Won 2 one and went on a great run to make the play offs

i have a great story about the game

got to the game early so we walked around the ground and stopped at the platt lane car park where the players parked up and paul power and clive wilson got out of a car and walked up to us, ok lads paul power says to us, yep we say, and i piped out good luck today lads your gonna need it hahahaha, paul power shout back you checky fuckers and clive wilson starts laughing hahahah

Dickov at Wembley
Yaya at Wembley against the Rags and Stoke.
Aguero......
Kompany....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.