No History but...

Michael Johnson’s goal vs Derby County in August 2007.

First game of the new season, we hadn’t scored at home in 8 gruelling months of survival, the last goal being on New Year’s Day 2007.

I was in South level one behind the goal then and seeing that ball hit the top corner sent people wild.

Only another fortnight and we went in crazier when a deflected shot from Geovanni went in past Utd.

Michael tarnats freekick vs Blackburn on a Monday night. Personal memory for me whilst in Cyprus watching that on tv

then your usual goals

Goater 1st vs United
Dicksov play off final
Nicolas Jensen volley
SWP vs United 4-1 game
Kinkladze vs Southampton
Mackens goal against city for Preston
Mackens goal vs Spurs
Aguero 93:20
Yaya and Nasri vs Sunderland
Yaya vs United
Kompany vs United
Kompany vs Leicester
Sane vs Bin zdippers

Great list - small amend

It’s got to be the Aguero 93:20. Not just for the sheer pleasure it gave us all but even more so because thanks to VAR no fan will ever be able to celebrate a goal of that magnitude, in the dying moments of a game ever again. That makes the moment even more special and probably the most historical moment in Premiership football.

12. Brightwell at the swamp '89-90.
11. Yaya, semi final. We couldn’t get tickets for the final that year, but we were there to see the great man nutmeg van der Saar.
10. Vinnie vs Leicester last season.
9. Vinnie vs the rags, April '12.
8. Yaya, Wembley vs. Stoke.
7. Yaya, League Cup final, '14. I actually couldn’t believe it was in the net.
6. The FA Cup final last season. I’d waited 49 years to be at Wembley to witness City win it.
5. Hinchy, 5-1. It’s a good job he didn’t score the second!
4. The Sick Swan.
3. Dennis, Wembley'76. It was all we had to cling to for 35 years.
2. Dicky, 99. Nothing more needs to be said.
1. Agüeroooooooooo. Ditto.

Last edited:
Not really history but my first match in London was against Fulham. As a twelve year old it was the biggest adventure for me. For the life of me I cannot remember the other three urchins that I went down with. How we got from the station down to the Cottage evades me but we got split up at the ground and only two of us were stood outside when the City team arrived. I was amazed when Bill Leivers came over and gave us two tickets for the main stand. While we are talking history Bill is the only surviving member of the 56 cup winners. Memories that are priceless for me personally.
I’ve just looked at his Wiki entry.

He's 88 now, and went to school with the great Dennis Skinner.

My favourite City moment...3rd March 1934, when as a forty year old I was part of a crowd of 84,569 to watch an FA Cup tie between City & Stoke....a record for an English club ground to this day and some 20 odd thousand above the highest crowd ever recorded at the ground Everton rejected as unfit for purpose. Not bad for a club with no fans.

My favourite City moment...3rd March 1934, when as a forty year old I was part of a crowd of 84,569 to watch an FA Cup tie between City & Stoke....a record for an English club ground to this day and some 20 odd thousand above the highest crowd ever recorded at the ground Everton rejected as unfit for purpose. Not bad for a club with no fans.

You must be a good age if you were 40 in 1934 - that’s 86 years ago so you must be a mere 126....

Probably to many to mention never forget my first game v bury Newcastle 68 in the leazes the year after in the cup onther massive away support gallowgate this time Wembley lost count now .Colin Bell emerging from the tunnel second half to the most emotional noise I've heard.. juventus away amazing what a trip. Just going down to maine road in the summer just to smell the place madd I know history we have loads

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.