COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think rather than any credit goes Ng to China, I think the world needs to demand that they overhaul how they keep animals and as one poster I saw said, Stop Eating Everything that Moves.

All of the major outbreaks occur there because the animal husbandry conditions are medieval and need sorted, or a real mass pandemic that wipes out millions is coming.

Agreed, but thats a whole bigger issue that hopefully will be a natural progression now the country is moving out of poverty. I think I read the other day that 30 years ago 88% of the country was in extreme poverty, that number is closer to ( I think ) 0.7%, but that 88% poverty rate meant people ate everything and anything or starve. hopefully that will be a generational change.

but as you say there needs to be some controls put in place.

I think rather than any credit goes Ng to China, I think the world needs to demand that they overhaul how they keep animals and as one poster I saw said, Stop Eating Everything that Moves.

All of the major outbreaks occur there because the animal husbandry conditions are medieval and need sorted, or a real mass pandemic that wipes out millions is coming.

This.

Can you make one for the premier league so we appear closer to Liverpool this season
You’ll have to ask the NYT graphics team, mate, as I didn’t originate that graph (it’s worth noting log graphs are often used for medical data visualisations for general public consumption, otherwise they become rather unwieldy when attempting to provide reference points for optimal comprehension) and don’t have my home Tableau setup to mock one up quickly.

But here is the next best thing:

1. Liverpool
2. Manchester City

Showing no signs of slowing down.

Over 20,000 infected now and the most deaths in any day today.

Also very worrying how many of those infected need intensive care.

Virologists saying bats are the likely source (which is what earlier reports suggested). Think it goes without saying that bats and humans shouldn't interact, particularly as a food source. They carry far too many diseases.

Agreed, but thats a whole bigger issue that hopefully will be a natural progression now the country is moving out of poverty. I think I read the other day that 30 years ago 88% of the country was in extreme poverty, that number is closer to ( I think ) 0.7%, but that 88% poverty rate meant people ate everything and anything or starve. hopefully that will be a generational change.

but as you say there needs to be some controls put in place.

China has for centuries been a starvation economy where survival meant, if it moves we eat it. You can understand that, but China is now one of the richest countries and needs to address husbandry and particularly the assembling of different species at close quarters.

Ironically parts of their diet, insects are being hailed as the future to save the planet from livestock burping us into a global rolling boil soup. I might be persuaded to give that a go, but I'd rather whatever bugs I decided to saute, I would prefer they didn't spend their days crawling about the arses of a multitude of animals and our winged friends.

A couple of bottles of Dettol and and wire brush might he a start.

Writing that has made me hungry. I could murder a grasshopper Baguette.

This is hitting where I live hard, our main source of tourism here on the Gold Coast is China and flights from there have been halted.

Had my finger poised on the buy button all night but the part of my brain dealing with sense and sensibility would not process the simple command. We once flew into the eye of the storm on a pathfinder experimental flight to Mexico for less than half price and came out unscathed but this time I'm feeling wary. As part of our Northern Rails 10p adventure we were to visit this fine medieval walled city on a three day sabbatical in February and late last night I was up checking accommodation ratings and had narrowed it down to three. The Travel lodge on Mickle St, the Premier Inn near the rail station or the Stay cation which looked the top bollocks. However as I read the reviews it became clear that Stay cation was the UK's epicenter of the Corona Virus. It had been mentioned on here many pages back but being an olden person my memory had waned. So I survived the swine flu that was only prominent in the North and now another deal is calling but totally different this time as it would entail travelling into the eye of a storm with nothing but a brace of Ventolin and some kleenex to save the day. The disease it would appear has a 2 week ingestation period showing no outward signs and so as York has taken a direct hit it may take a while to discover how bad the situation has become. Should I therefore a/ Give my Rail Tickets away on the ticket section and swallow the 20p loss or b/ Ask Northern if the tickets are transferable for somewhere else.. or c/ Book with Tripadvisor and pay more for a built in cancellation clause even though I hate paying more. Would anyone on here risk putting themselves in harms way for the sake of 20p or should I just man the fuck up and crack on with a sense of stoicism that made this fine sceptered isle of ours what it is today. I am now so as to speak at a crossroads .. so what would you do ? I ask only from the Moon as I will get a more balanced view from different walks of life rather than having to rely on press snippets hearsay or urban legend. Genuine post by the way.

Edited for syntax.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.