Players reportedly tell Pep to stop "tinkering"

I doubt they told him,was probably more of a discussion,he is a manager that likes input
The strange thing i he set us up better than he has done recently,just needed to score,i guess the result has brought things to the boil
Good thing i reckon

If true it's interesting that they would blame tactics for creating so many good chances. I'm still new to this but I didn't think tactics resulted in missing so many chances.

As for tinkering with the team. He needs to do more of it. There are 2 or 3 that just need to be dropped but rarely are
I think it needs less tinkering,players play well then get left out,i think he is over thinking,searching for a way to solve the probs,i don't think this helps
Pep Guardiola has made 76 changes to the Manchester City team in the Premier League this season - more than any other manager in the league. [via @Jack_Gaughan]

Why in an away dressing room?,
Pep is passionate I know but everything I have read about his past teams all indicated he was a deep thinking manager who delays his opinions on performance until he has spoken with his inner circle.
Strange if he has changed and stranger if players have broken this to the press

If true it's interesting that they would blame tactics for creating so many good chances. I'm still new to this but I didn't think tactics resulted in missing so many chances.

As for tinkering with the team. He needs to do more of it. There are 2 or 3 that just need to be dropped but rarely are
There should be a discussion going on. I do agree with you though that the tactics or approach is generating a lot of chances but it's players decision-making that's at fault. I bet the players know that too.

I do think City should have a look at set-pieces. Think of something novel, or something that minimises our height disadvantage. We get more corners than anyone else.

I am sure there are possible innovations here we could do. Get some coaches working on it with the academy teams, and then try them in training. Any variation on what we are doing would be good. Has no one across the whole of the football world not got a variation.

Attack the goal with vicious inswinging corners e.g. KDB. Just the threat of it from 2/3 crosses would put doubt in the defence's mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.