#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree on the most part but it looked like something they'd practised in training and he simply didn't hit the pass hard enough. I'll let him off, as shite as it was.

I'd take another look, theres no way that pass is getting to a city player no matter how hard he hits it.

Should be on pens

His last penalty at Anfield put paid to that idea and overall his penalty taking is hit and miss (although like the rest of our recent penalty takers they should be given a second chance with more work is needed on the training ground in improving them)

Last edited:
I don't agree with you because if you check his rating every game recently will know the word poor is not right to say about his performance

His overall game has been poor since he joined in my opinion. Yes, he has scored some great goals and made some great passes on occasion which will boost his ratings (you tend to get a plus 1 rating for a goal or assist) but he is predictable and loses the ball in unnecessary places far too often in every game. He reminds me of a school kid who will succeed at a great trick once and then try again and again and again to recreate it but fail most times.

Don't forget we paid a club record fee for a player who was at the top of his game and for that i would expect consistently good performances every week but it's astounding how many poor decisions he makes in a game.

I was excited when we first bought him, i thought he'd be able to come in and unlocked a packed defence but whilst he manages to on occasion, he's never played at the level of Bernardo (pre Mendy tweet) for City.

I appreciate that this post won't go down well with the Mahrez fan club but this game is all about opinions!

His overall game has been poor since he joined in my opinion. Yes, he has scored some great goals and made some great passes on occasion which will boost his ratings (you tend to get a plus 1 rating for a goal or assist) but he is predictable and loses the ball in unnecessary places far too often in every game. He reminds me of a school kid who will succeed at a great trick once and then try again and again and again to recreate it but fail most times.

Don't forget we paid a club record fee for a player who was at the top of his game and for that i would expect consistently good performances every week but it's astounding how many poor decisions he makes in a game.

I was excited when we first bought him, i thought he'd be able to come in and unlocked a packed defence but whilst he manages to on occasion, he's never played at the level of Bernardo (pre Mendy tweet) for City.

I appreciate that this post won't go down well with the Mahrez fan club but this game is all about opinions!

This is exactly how I feel about him, good post. I would also add that him being a fixture in the team has altered so many of the things that made us frightening for teams to defend against. We are back to hitting first defenders with crosses, taking the harder pass rather than the simple stuff we were doing. Great player, but not in the system that made us unplayable. I'm glad he's had a decent season because we should be able to move him on - sorry but that's how I feel right now. We need a new attacking approach based on youth and pace (esp. as Sane is probably off) to get closer to Liverpool and as I've said before I do not believe we will win the CL with Mahrez and Otamendi as first choice players. Love to be proved wrong mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.