Players who might improve us

Given Reynas connection to us and him being at New York until last year as well as Gio being brought through at NYCFC you have to wonder why we never brought him here, he’s playing for Dortmund at 17 how could we not spot that talent? Should have been an easy signing.
I think there's the answer !

Lodi made Salah look like Walcott tonight. Partey is someone I've admired for a while and I hoped we would get him as a Fernandinho replacement. He made more sense than Rodri on paper given his excellent box to box qualities and physicality. He can play both the destroyer role and deep playmaking role very good, just like Fernandinho.

However I can see why we went for Rodri. He's Spanish like Pep, closest thing to a Busquets clone you can find and a couple years younger than Partey. I think Pep's preference definitely weighed heavy given how Partey is a more like for like replacement to Fernandinho

I always felt like Partey was the one to get as the perfect replacement for Dinho, he has all the qualities required to play in the pl - fast, aggressive, good passing range but I guess Pep saw something in Rodri. I just hope it works out.

I know there is a thread about him, but I watched Timo Werner against the spuds. He’s a very classy striker. 26 goals this season and only 23.

Gnabry would be hella nice if we lose Sane, not a like for like replacement though, but then again Sane seems to be one of a kind in terms of how he plays.

Son would be a dream signing but would require an astronomical amount of money and I don't think Mourinho would be very impressed if Levy gave a green light to that transaction.

It's a bit disappointing that Lo Celso plays for spurs. He's way too good for them and is more suited to our style of play. If we didn't have Foden I could've seen us going all out for Lo Celso as a David replacement, he's a magician

Ricardo Pereira if Cancelo leaves.
Was completely invisible today in his wingback role. Mendy had him in his pocket all game.

But I really like Pereira, he's great both offensively and defensively and doesn't get tired. We could also go Max Aarons from Norwich who shows great promise and is homegrown, born same year as Foden

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.