Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His lack of pace as always been a concern of mine especially against the top teams

It's this and his lack of dynamism on the ball which frustrate me. He's an extremely intelligent player but we can't just rely on KDB to pass between the lines.

And this is his 1st season in England too. I'm not sure he could ever reach that level but he's our closest shot at replicating Busquets and that's extremely exciting. Maybe his extra physicality will give him an advantage in England not even Busquets would have had.

It may seem overly harsh to critique a guy that made 178 successful passes in a game but of the 10 he didn't complete, at least 4 of them were extremely sloppy passes that resulted in a counter/potential counter. We got away with it last night, we might not be so lucky against better opposition.

It may seem overly harsh to critique a guy that made 178 successful passes in a game but of the 10 he didn't complete, at least 4 of them were extremely sloppy passes that resulted in a counter/potential counter. We got away with it last night, we might not be so lucky against better opposition.

Even Kevin makes sloppy passes sometimes, including last night. And it cost us a goal at Manure in the cup. Think Rodri will be more concentrated against top teams.

178 completed passes is incredible. One of our underrated players.

Even Kevin makes sloppy passes sometimes, including last night. And it cost us a goal at Manure in the cup. Think Rodri will be more concentrated against top teams.

178 completed passes is incredible. One of our underrated players.

Everyone makes errors but he plays in an area of the pitch where a stray pass can cost us big time. He made 4 simple errors last night and got away with it. He does it against Real Madrid and it could be a different story altogether. As I said, maybe I was being overly harsh but his mistakes did really stand out for me last night.

I was coming on to post the same. On another day, against a better team we would have been in trouble

No I agree with you, in the first half especially his stray passes in dangerous areas could have been very costly. He improved in the 2nd half and I like him as a player but he wasn't at his best last night, goal (or assist?) notwithstanding.

Everyone makes errors but he plays in an area of the pitch where a stray pass can cost us big time. He made 4 simple errors last night and got away with it. He does it against Real Madrid and it could be a different story altogether. As I said, maybe I was being overly harsh but his mistakes did really stand out for me last night.

Same goes for all our players though, Sterling/Agüero/De Bruyne/Otamendi/Walker/Mendy/Silva have all dropped their share of disasterclasses over the last few seasons too, and when the attacking players are terrible it's just as costly as when the midfielders are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.