BBC

True - you have Championship football highlights on Quest and .......forget who else other than they cover football. You sometimes get athletics on channel 4 and some cycling on there.
Again you are way, way wide of the mark here.

But your ignorance appears to give you some comfort so, by all means rant away.

Only on Bluemoon can you admit that you don't really watch anything on the Beeb and get dragged for it. XD

Again you are way, way wide of the mark here.

But your ignorance appears to give you some comfort so, by all means rant away.

So you would advocate Freeview? Free and unlicensed? And maybe a much more expensive than the license fee series of subscription channels like a sort of SKY/BT model? And a BBC Subscription channel that you would choose not to subscribe to?

For a lot of people wanting the licence fee scrapped entirely, yes.
What about from the Exchequer? Other public bodies and even oversight committees are publicly funded and retain their independence from government, scrutinise and criticise it. No reason the BBC couldn’t operate in the same way.

Such a move would hopefully turn the broadcaster away from pimping themselves out in order to chase clicks, at least to some extent.

I fear a subscription based scheme would only accelerate that click-chasing process.

If you enjoy Libraries, brilliant, more power to you. I genuinely cannot think of the last time I used a library. 10 years ago, maybe but now I can afford to buy books elsewhere. So it's time to be funded via subscription for those who champion it and allow those who don't the freedom to enjoy the things we enjoy without being tied to a compulsory tax for something we don't. That has to be the fairest solution.

If you enjoy Public Parks, brilliant, more power to you. I genuinely cannot think of the last time I used a Public Park. 10 years ago, maybe but now I have lots of land with my property.
So it's time to be funded via subscription for those who champion it and allow those who don't the freedom to enjoy the things we enjoy without being tied to a compulsory tax for something we don't. That has to be the fairest solution.

If you enjoy the Schools, brilliant, more power to you. I don't have kids. So it's time to be funded via subscription for those who champion it and allow those who don't the freedom to enjoy the things we enjoy without being tied to a compulsory tax for something we don't. That has to be the fairest solution.

If you enjoy the NHS, brilliant, more power to you. I genuinely cannot think of the last time I used the NHS. 10 years ago, maybe but now I can afford to go Private. So it's time to be funded via subscription for those who champion it and allow those who don't the freedom to enjoy the things we enjoy without being tied to a compulsory tax for something we don't. That has to be the fairest solution.

Get rid of tax...user pays for everything. What could possibly go wrong?

If you enjoy Libraries, brilliant, more power to you. I genuinely cannot think of the last time I used a library. 10 years ago, maybe but now I can afford to buy books elsewhere. So it's time to be funded via subscription for those who champion it and allow those who don't the freedom to enjoy the things we enjoy without being tied to a compulsory tax for something we don't. That has to be the fairest solution.

If you enjoy Public Parks, brilliant, more power to you. I genuinely cannot think of the last time I used a Public Park. 10 years ago, maybe but now I have lots of land with my property.
So it's time to be funded via subscription for those who champion it and allow those who don't the freedom to enjoy the things we enjoy without being tied to a compulsory tax for something we don't. That has to be the fairest solution.

If you enjoy the Schools, brilliant, more power to you. I don't have kids. So it's time to be funded via subscription for those who champion it and allow those who don't the freedom to enjoy the things we enjoy without being tied to a compulsory tax for something we don't. That has to be the fairest solution.

If you enjoy the NHS, brilliant, more power to you. I genuinely cannot think of the last time I used the NHS. 10 years ago, maybe but now I can afford to go Private. So it's time to be funded via subscription for those who champion it and allow those who don't the freedom to enjoy the things we enjoy without being tied to a compulsory tax for something we don't. That has to be the fairest solution.

Get rid of tax...user pays for everything. What could possibly go wrong?
Damn, some mighty sensitive and passionate BBC lovers on here.

This indoctrinated bullshit idea that the BBC is a "public service" on the same level of importance like parks and schools. Now the NHS is being compared to the BBC! XD

It's not the 1950's buddy; the BBC is a broadcaster like any other these days. One we're forced to pay for even when many of us enjoy other forms of tv entertainment. The mental gymnastics on display are astonishing.

Last edited:
So you would advocate Freeview? Free and unlicensed? And maybe a much more expensive than the license fee series of subscription channels like a sort of SKY/BT model? And a BBC Subscription channel that you would choose not to subscribe to?
We're talking about getting rid of a "TV" tax that is outdated. What the hell you on about?

This indoctrinated bullshit idea that the BBC is a "public service" on the same level of importance like parks and schools. Now the NHS is being compared to the BBC! XD

It's not the 1950's buddy; the BBC is a broadcaster like any other these days. One we're forced to pay for. The mental gymnastics on display are astonishing.

The BBC is no more a service than ITV is and I don't have to pay for that.

I listen to Virgin Radio, sometimes Capital, sometimes Heart and I don't have to pay for those either.

The only reason why we pay a TV licence is to avoid adverts.

It's not the 1950's buddy; the BBC is a broadcaster like any other these days. One we're forced to pay for. The mental gymnastics on display are astonishing.

People who want to keep the BBC want others who don't want it to pay for the pleasure of them wanting it. It's more than likely on its way out it's not fit for purpose and as MB says it isn't the 1950's. What would have helped it is someone should have stopped the liberal mouthpieces preaching to the public from their pulpit paid for by us.

Looking at the BBC website most days is an obstacle course of woke propaganda.

The BBC is no more a service than ITV is and I don't have to pay for that.

I listen to Virgin Radio, sometimes Capital, sometimes Heart and I don't have to pay for those either.

The only reason why we pay a TV licence is to avoid adverts.
People who want to keep the BBC want others who don't want it to pay for the pleasure of them wanting it. It's more than likely on its way out it's not fit for purpose and as MB says it isn't the 1950's. What would have helped it is someone should have stopped the liberal mouthpieces preaching to the public from their pulpit paid for by us.

Looking at the BBC website most days is an obstacle course of woke propaganda.
That's pretty much all it is. Many people are cancelling their tv licences and watching entertainment online or other tv channels. We're saying scrap the licence fee, not scrap the BBC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.