Leicester v Man City - VAR (David Coote)

Penalty all day long, not even arguable for me. you keep your hands by your side or covering the Crown Jewels in a wall nowhere else,
Only man I know is more interested in saving his nose than getting a shot in the nuts. That's why the box was invented years before the helmet in cricket. Protect the jewels first.

Isn't there something about it not being handball if the ball deflects off another player who is very close, because the ball hits Laporte first and diverts the ball towards Kev. It probably would have still hit Kev's hands though without the deflection.

That was my opinion too that just about every pundit has missed. The ball ricocheted into De Bruyne and therefore it's not a penalty. Likewise the Ederson one he got the ball first so for a keeper challenging a forward that isn't a pen either.

Penalty all day long, not even arguable for me. you keep your hands by your side or covering the Crown Jewels in a wall nowhere else, everybody else jumped and kept their arms out of the way Kev stood still and put his arms in the way. you can argue it was instinct but his hands has stopped an attempt at goal. we’d all be utterly outraged on here if we were Leicester today not getting that penalty and then conceding one. Two clear penalties.

It's not because it hit Laporte first so everything else is irrelevant. The right decision was made and yet throughout this message board and social media and punditry everyone is still missing the most important aspect of it. Likewise the touch from Ederson.

Just seen the highlights. Regardless of what the ‘laws’ may be, my common sense view is that that is not a penalty. It bloody well hurts if you get a ball smashed into your face from close range. In fact, it can break your nose. Kev's reaction was one that any normally constituted human being would make. And his arms were very close to his body (face). By the way, I also believe that the shot is going wide, if you look closely. If anything, Kev's arms deflect the ball back on goal, albeit they do slow it down a lot. The penalty call on the Leicester player is the correct one. His arm is far away from his body.
The highlights didn't show the clean-out of Kelechi, though. As I understood it, we were very lucky indeed to escape without a red on Ed for that one. Even the GMR commentators said as much.
KDB no penalty, not even up for debate. As for Ederson he came out and punched the ball onto Kelechi and his arms naturally went him in after the punch. Kelechi actually missed the header. It was never a penalty in a month of Sunday’s. It should have been our goal kick

The debruyne handball is a penalty all day long, can’t believe anyone would argue it isn’t.
Indeed it is if it hadn’t hit Laporte and if his hands weren’t in a natural position protecting his face. Apart from that spot on. Thank goodness you aren’t a ref you might make Alty Taylor look half decent at best

We got a break with the KDB "no handball" decision. It could well have been awarded. The penalty we got was a definite penalty though.

For all the good it did us!
You'll probably find we will start to get the var on our side they want our home game to the dippers be the title winner for them to do that we need to win all our games till then

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.