Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
No. Not a clean strike. Watch the close up from behind the ball.

It may look that way, but when you open your foot and drive the ball to the post, hitting the ball with part of your ankle isn't uncommon. Doesn't make it a bad strike.

I wish a journalist would ask Pep why Kevin didn't take the penalties, or a penalty. I can't believe he wasn't good at them; he took them for Belgium when Hazard wasn't on the pitch. How he strikes the ball is fantastic. I do wonder why his name didn't even come up, at least, no journalist asked about it.
The belief among some on here is /was that he didn't fancy them. His calmness the other night when taking it, and his comments afterward ("my name was on the sheet, so I took it") would possibly disprove that.

It may look that way, but when you open your foot and drive the ball to the post, hitting the ball with part of your ankle isn't uncommon. Doesn't make it a bad strike.
Agreed, but I felt he came partially down on the ball. Still, he's up to 50% for us now!

Very Salladesc by KDB may I say. Angles up to the ball, Looks to crack it into the bottom right corner and if the goalie starts to dive that way he sweeps it into the other corner. A perfect penalty.

Very Salladesc by KDB may I say. Angles up to the ball, Looks to crack it into the bottom right corner and if the goalie starts to dive that way he sweeps it into the other corner. A perfect penalty.

I'd have to watch it again but watching live I thought he'd scuffed it a bit?

I think the average conversion rate is around 75%, so a “good” penalty taker would presumably be in the mid to high 80s.

Seems incredibly low missing one in five. I wonder how much the conversion rate has changed since video analysis became the norm.

Just looked up his penalty stats. Scored 1 for Belgium plus the one for us on Wednesday. Missed one for City and scored for Belgium in a friendly.

I'd have to watch it again but watching live I thought he'd scuffed it a bit?
Watch the clip from the City fan view.
Yes he did scuff it but he'd already beaten the keeper. He was going to hammer it to the right past the keeper but the keeper dived that way, so he swept it into the other corner.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.