Bands that sold out

• Thread starter Ballet-on-ice
  • Start date
Red Hot Chili Peppers - their early stuff up to BSSM was great but they’re unrecognisable now.
Aerosmith - sold out when they got sober although fair play they were skint and really needed to earn some money, but Jesus that Armageddon song sucked dicks!

Hats off though to Iron Maiden and Rush - 2 bands who refused to compromise their music but still sold by the shed loads.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - their early stuff up to BSSM was great but they’re unrecognisable now.
Aerosmith - sold out when they got sober although fair play they were skint and really needed to earn some money, but Jesus that Armageddon song sucked dicks!

Hats off though to Iron Maiden and Rush - 2 bands who refused to compromise their music but still sold by the shed loads.
I was actually going to suggest Maiden. I thought they took a new and possibly more commercial direction after powerslave. Can't say I've paid much attention to anything they've done post 1990 though tbh. Metallica went more comercial about the same time so I suppose it may just have been a case of the 70s/80s metal bands just trying to stay current.

Don't agree.
George Martin with his classical knowledge helped them enormously arranging their later more artistic music.
He encouraged them to experiment with song's like A day in the life, Eleanor Rigby and Tomorrow Never Knows.
They were the opposite of a selling out band.

I agree with Nimmers. George Martin was definitely the fifth Beatle, and he taught them a lot, especially in the early days.

Stones advertised Rice crispies and of course Windows 95 with Start me Up.

They also got money for Satisfaction being used in a Snickers add.

Simple Minds

Easy to forget just how good they were before Don't You Forget About Me
Tbf they really weren’t wanting to do it - not their own song being one of the reasons.

saying that, I think it’s a great tune, but it’s of ‘my time’ so is particularly reasonant

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.