UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
you're absolutely right - it is odd given the high stakes for such a sensitive disclosure but PB and presumably his source must think it's in the club's interest to share the info on here.

agreed, maybe the club want us to know they are going to fight this all the way but can’t seem to aggressive in the media?

Poor Villa could fail the PL FFP criteria if they don’t offset those losses in the next couple of seasons.

Couldn’t happen to a nicer set of fans.

I read somewhere that they sold their ground For about £40million.
To a company that is owned by the owner of villa.
So the debt is somewhere nearer £72 million

So although the debt is not as big. If the report is correct. It does raise a lot of questions about how financially stable they are. And even more about ffp.

I’m sceptical about the narrative on here that we are saving football like some knight in shining armour.
I think we want in, and this is just the latest and most serious barrier that has been put up against us.
Win this, and we just carry on. Fuck everybody else, I didn’t hear any of these “small” clubs or countries sticking up for us.

Ha yes,in hindsight not a great decision but we didn't forsee the twats coming back

Hindsight is a wonderful thing... but the way UEFA behaved at that time - amending the application of the rules after we’d submitted our accounts was a clear indication of the type of disingenuous people we were dealing with. There’s no doubt we were naive but we have clearly learned a lesson.

I’m sceptical about the narrative on here that we are saving football like some knight in shining armour.
I think we want in, and this is just the latest and most serious barrier that has been put up against us.
Win this, and we just carry on. Fuck everybody else, I didn’t hear any of these “small” clubs or countries sticking up for us.
Of course you are right.

People react to FFP, and especially the targeting of MCFC, because it's presented as just when it obviously isn't. I can understand UEFA's FFP propaganda but what should irritate a lot of football fans is that the media take it all onboard without question. There are of course one or two exceptions but by and large they are slavish in respect to authority.

City are just trying to protect themselves. That's been the case since day 1.

they've resoundly rejected these ideas from him to be fair.

Yes, but it was a joint ECA and uefa plan.

From memory City at least publicly were against it, even though we were named as One of the stakeholder clubs?

Maybe some fall out from that see's us in the situation we find ourselves now?

Remember Khaldoon saying that this wasn't just an attack on Manchester City but an attack on the PL, last summer. I could never figure that out, but was he taking about an expanded CL, basically a super league, that would destroy the PL financially as it is.

Last edited:
There is another possibility?

Bareda lied to PB about Cerefin attempting to broker a compromise?

I'm still aghast that a senior executive of ours would divulge any such info at a fan meeting.

Especially so, when we are accusing Uefa of leaking delicate info, no?

Something doesn't add up.

We obviously have precedent with Infantino, however.
Does PB say in this thread that Bareda gave him the info?.......if so I’ve missed it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.