#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernardo is a die hard benfica fan, born and raised, academy since he was 7. Posts about them on social media non-stop, always talks about how upset he is that he never really played for them. But the coach wouldn't play him, so he left for Monaco at 19 and never looked back.

No matter how much they love the club, every kid wants to be a professional footballer more than they want to be a bench ornament at their childhood club.

Apples and oranges mate.

you can’t really compare playing for Benfica with playing for one of the best teams in the world.

Bernardo didn’t even get a chance there, why stay in a sub standard league where your quality is obvious and the manager wants you as a left back.

Phil is getting plenty of chances. Started a crucial game in the title race against Spurs last season. This season started against Arsenal in the league and a cup final along with other games.

He’s likely to start the derby this weekend imo.

Phil is being managed wonderfully, no chance he’s leaving.

The comment I was replying to was not specifically about Foden and neither was my reply.

Apples and oranges mate.

you can’t really compare playing for Benfica with playing for one of the best teams in the world

I'm not. I'm comparing not playing for bencica with not playing for city.

Doesnt matter what level it is if you're not playing and that applies to any kid.

I think Foden is fine if he starts the derby and 4 or 5 of the last 11 league games and a cup game or two.

If he doesnt then theres no more excusing it.

If academy players, not just just Foden and Garcia, are not getting league apps when there is nothing to play and CL place secured, why bother to stick around?

Also no disrespect to David(or Bernardo) what did he show against Wednesday/Villa to warrant a start on Sunday? What has Stones done to warrant a start over Garcia??
The academy players are mostly an income stream when we sell them on,only one or two are ever going to make it to the first team in a team like ours,you need to understand that is how it works,phil and eric will make it and that is a decent number out of hundreds or more,they are both being managed just fine

The comment I was replying to was not specifically about Foden and neither was my reply.

I'm not. I'm comparing not playing for bencica with not playing for city.

Doesnt matter what level it is if you're not playing and that applies to any kid.

I think Foden is fine if he starts the derby and 4 or 5 of the last 11 league games and a cup game or two.

If he doesnt then theres no more excusing it.
100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.