UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree.

I think you are right.We will fight this all the way.Our owners believe we have done no wrong and are being victimized by the Cartel (we are)

My point though is.No matter what happens in the long run we can turn it to our advantage.

I love Pep for the success he has delivered us.

But i am not going to lie.If he is going in 12 months no matter what.Then based on our recent transfer signings, the thought of him spending a huge transfer budget the end of this Season that could make or break us,fills me with dread.

I think it would be best for the Club if we amicably parted ways.Obviously the Champions League Ban will have a bearing on our future plans.
You'll have to do better than that rag.

Regardless of the outcome of the CAS appeal it is not all doom and gloom.

Sure the tourists will obviously fuck off back over to the Swamp to watch "Noddy and his Friends" in search of glory.

We can still depend on a loyal fan Base of die hard fans 35,000 + to pull us through stormy waters.

If as rumored Pep was only staying the extra 12 months anyway,Then we can start the rebuilding job the end of this season.He can go to Juventus in search of Champions League glory get to, spend 500,000 000 on the next up coming,Gudogan, Rodri,and Cancelo Whilst will be forced to be a bit more holistic in our approach.It will likely be 2 years until we are at a level to be challenging Europe elite again.

To those who say we will not be able to attract the right players ,absolute bollocks,we brought in Vinny/David SIlva without guarantees,2 City legends.

Every Cloud and all that..

It is not the end of the World.

We will still be there, no matter the weather,no matter the manager.

Worth pointing out that Vinny and Zabaleta duly excepted, we bought in our key men (Dave, Sergio, Ya Ya, Tevez, plus Lescott, Mario, Kolarov etc) prior to the FFP shutters coming down, by paying big fees and big wages. Were we to now rebuild, we would have to do so with a greatly reduced budget and under the FFP glass ceiling.
As you say, a 2 year ban is not the end of the world. Nobody died. If it isn’t overturned however, it is nonetheless pretty disastrous in the grand scheme of things, not least because it lays us open to potential claims from competitors and also because it buys the the G14 and their UEFA stooges time to dream up longer term ways of fucking us. They want us out of the equation permanently. Never forget that

I agree.

I think you are right.We will fight this all the way.Our owners believe we have done no wrong and are being victimized by the Cartel (we are)

My point though is.No matter what happens in the long run we can turn it to our advantage.

I love Pep for the success he has delivered us.

But i am not going to lie.If he is going in 12 months no matter what.Then based on our recent transfer signings, the thought of him spending a huge transfer budget the end of this Season that could make or break us,fills me with dread.

I think it would be best for the Club if we amicably parted ways.Obviously the Champions League Ban will have a bearing on our future plans.

I hope the club at the highest levels know Peps plans and intentions. I think you are right - no one including Pep will want next year to be a limbo / transition season. I think Pep needs to commit (if only in private) to completing another 3 years and then we can amend and rebuild this squad to get back to the levels we saw last year and the year before. Up until recently I thought we only needed minor surgery but recent performances suggest there a few fundamentals wrong with this squad that need addressing and a few players seem like they are washed up by the intensity of working with Pep and may need to seek pastures new. Either way I think it’ll be a traumatic summer.

Ok guys, apologies if I’ve missed the answer already in this incredibly long thread. Could UEFA just say you know what, you can no longer play in our competitions full stop. I know it’s a take your ball home unlikely scenario but could they do it?

I think they will also look at the spirit of the rules in question and whether we deliberately tried to manipulate them. And yes, I know that’s probably what a great number of other clubs do (vis. Bayern and their “partners”), but we were the ones dumb enough to leave a paper trail for the hackers to pin on us

I suspect one of the poits City may make is that Bayern, Juventus and PSG don't even bother trying to conceal the paper trail because they know FFP is intentionally aimed solely at City. CAS may rule that the treatment meted out to City is neither fair nor equitable but on the other hand it could argue that it is up to UEFA to investigate other cases and take the appropriate action! In any event I don't think CAS will be the end of the matter because City may feel that while FFP is in place in any shape or form the club will have no peace.

I think they will also look at the spirit of the rules in question and whether we deliberately tried to manipulate them. And yes, I know that’s probably what a great number of other clubs do (vis. Bayern and their “partners”), but we were the ones dumb enough to leave a paper trail for the hackers to pin on us
Should they use the "spirit of the rules" angle they may enjoy explaining why it was introduced in the first place, where the use of debt was somehow not included.

I suspect one of the poits City may make is that Bayern, Juventus and PSG don't even bother trying to conceal the paper trail because they know FFP is intentionally aimed solely at City. CAS may rule that the treatment meted out to City is neither fair nor equitable but on the other hand it could argue that it is up to UEFA to investigate other cases and take the appropriate action! In any event I don't think CAS will be the end of the matter because City may feel that while FFP is in place in any shape or form the club will have no peace.

You make a good point about the wholly inconsistent application of the rules. I’d guess under this type of scenario CAS would likely refer our case back to UEFA and ask them to re look at it and either drop it or apply the FFP rules to Juve and Bayern in a consistent manner. CAS like the rest of us know how that would end.

Regardless of the outcome of the CAS appeal it is not all doom and gloom.

Sure the tourists will obviously fuck off back over to the Swamp to watch "Noddy and his Friends" in search of glory.

We can still depend on a loyal fan Base of die hard fans 35,000 + to pull us through stormy waters.

If as rumored Pep was only staying the extra 12 months anyway,Then we can start the rebuilding job the end of this season.He can go to Juventus in search of Champions League glory get to, spend 500,000 000 on the next up coming,Gudogan, Rodri,and Cancelo Whilst will be forced to be a bit more holistic in our approach.It will likely be 2 years until we are at a level to be challenging Europe elite again.

To those who say we will not be able to attract the right players ,absolute bollocks,we brought in Vinny/David SIlva without guarantees,2 City legends.

Every Cloud and all that..

It is not the end of the World.

We will still be there, no matter the weather,no matter the manager.

More Laren.James than Sid ? She plays for the rags btw,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.