COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this why bog roll is selling out so fast? People are suddenly realising they have to wipe their ass after a shit. Dirty bastards
Ha ha - but on a more serious note - Surely the point of toilet paper selling out is because it would be multi-purpose - for use as tissue paper etc.

Certainly we stockpiled - what is the risk? it is not as if it is going to 'go off'

Last edited:
I don't mean to offend, but I have lived in Cyprus and have in-laws throughout Europe. Urban areas of Italy, France, Germany etc. I'd presume offer a more similar level of care to the NHS, but my experience overseas has never shown me that.

We've all been to Europe mate. Some bits are nicer than others. Much like here. And even so, you undermine any point you're trying to make when you use reductive language like "backward".

H ha - but on a more serious note - Surely the point of toilet paper selling out is because it would be multi-purpose - for use as tissue paper etc.

Certainly we stockpiled - what is the risk? it is not as if it is going to 'go off'
Well it means people who actually need it cant bloody get any as its all sold out.

German chancellor Angela Merkel has been speaking and says experts believe 60-70% of the population will be infected.

Infected, but how badly is the real question.

You might get very mild symptoms so can carry on or you may become very ill

This is what we need to know

Well mate if possible I am still hoping to be visiting in April/May if we are allowed out of here...and in to there. I actually think me and the other half will be safer out there than here at that time, and my two and a bit week tour may be stretched to June.

I just hope it won't get too far here, I don't think our health system is up to the job. I doubt we have anywhere near number of respirators and stuff needed for mass infection.

But they decided to act heavily since yesterday. China/Korea/Italy/Japan banned, Germany/France/Spain obligatory self-isolation, hospital visits banned and school cancelled for 15-21 days. We have 7 cases so far.

for a few hours yesterday Cyprus made the UK a category 3 state - mandatory 14 day self isolation on arrival.
They since reduced it to category 2, self isolation if symptomatic.
With yoyoing like that I wouldn’t go.

meanwhile Israel and Vietnam won’t let us in.
Other way round, made it category 2 then changed it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.