COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karen, read it again.
"We think this virus is likely to be one that comes year on year, becomes like a seasonal virus," he told Sky News.
"Communities will become immune to it and that's going to be an important part of controlling this longer term.
"About 60% is the sort of figure you need to get herd immunity.""
that is not the same as saying the current plans aim is to use herd immunity.
They have been clear about the strategy and where we are in it and why it's the strategy and how extreme the measures will become and why they are not doing everything right now.
" that is not the same as saying the current plan aims to use herd immunity"
But they didn't say that did they.
They just left it hanging there.
Clear and concise messaging is required.

I wonder if we've already had this and we weren't aware, before and over Christmas at varying times 6 of my immediate family including myself had the symptoms described for this virus, we all had it for differing periods but all had high temperature, sore throats and coughs, the younger of us seemed to be OK within 3-5days, the older family members struggled to shift it though and it hung around them for a month or so, none of us recieved any medical treatment just went along with usual advice for colds and flu, the mother in law and father in law did struggle to shift it though

Back to my point that our approach has not been that dissimilar to the approach on the continent. And it’s not really an approach it’s recognising the inevitable and trying to keep it manageable with the restrictive measures. Our argument is about when to introduce restrictive measures albeit a good section of the UK population has self imposed restrictive measures anyway.

BREAKING. According to Le Figaro, also French President Macron is silently supporting the "HERD IMMUNITY OPTION" to fight #CoronaVirus, in a similar approach to the UK’

https://www.lefigaro.fr/sciences/la...e-groupe-pour-arreter-le-coronavirus-20200313

The converse is also true. The desire to support, the need to see a purposeful pattern in what the Govt does. In times of crisis it becomes an article of faith that the Govt has got this right and is listening to the best advice. To achieve this we have had Britain leads to world in this field and our unique approach is better than mass lockdowns.

In reality what we were doing wasn’t that much difference from the continent given the different timeline and our comms strategy is a mess as I have already pointed out with the ‘business as usual’ quickly followed by ‘restrictive measures on the way’ as the British public and industry were not going with ‘business as usual’.

All week we had discussion on ‘herd immunity’ and in one paywalled article the Health Sec. says it was never a thing. In what universe does someone think this contradiction is good comms strategy or putting briefings by a Health minister behind a paywall or anonymous briefings to journos is a good way to handle the situation?
That last part beggars belief. The greatest threat this country has faced in many of our generations and only a select few should be privy to the latest information. Unfuckingbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.