COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regional gov of Hamburg have forbidden any public or non-public event or gathering independent from the number of persons involved.

Restaurants may open if tables are seperated at least 1.5m apart.

Private parties like weddings below 100 persons are allowed but urgently recommended to be cancelled, too.

Yes
Update....

-Cyprus will be in lockdown until 30th april
-They are dropping vat rate for a couple of months
-Online lessons to be provided by schools
-Financial help to those in need
-ALL Businesses on lockdown except supermarkets, pharmacies and places that deliver food
-Electricity authority will be shut. Payments only online. They will not be cutting anyone off for no payments
-Government will support businesses financially. Also support to single parent families etc
-Churches to also close!

The cabinet had decided that Cyprus was facing an emergency and additional measures were needed.

These include:

Those still allowed into Cyprus must follow the MANDATORY 14 DAYS OF SELF ISOLATION WHEN COMING INTO CYPRUS.

As regards private companies this means that as from tomorrow and for four weeks the operation of the following will CLOSE: malls, catering establishments, shops, recreation centres, museums, sports centres, theme park, cinemas etc.

Essential services such as supermarkets, pharmacies, bakeries, petrol stations and kiosks and private health services will remain open. Arrangements will be announced for public transport. Restaurants that carry out delivery can remain open.

The above measures come into force at 6 pm tomorrow and will last until April 30.
Ha - my mate said it was today - probably my ears - so good to hear it is tomorrow as I have a lot of friends out there

Last edited:
Of the 35 dead in the UK 4 are in greater mnchester

I wonder if regional leaders will eventually defy the government and start imposing their own lockdowns or gatherings and schools.

Burnham has already said the government need to be giving more info to the public

Given the apparently unclear messages, surely it's the obvious thing to do, even if it's just clarifying and reiterating the policy.

They agreed to release the science background to the policy decision - is it known when that will be?

Going to have to try and fill these blank weekends in with some good stuff. If all Sport is cancelled, the Cricket season included it's going to be really shit. But it is what it is I guess, a very serious issue.

Apparently Germany expects 70% of their population to contract the virus, and UK 80%. Once there are no more hospital beds or respirators the mortality rate could rocket to 5 to 10%. Doing the maths the figures are too shocking to be believed. The UK government and their so called "Herd Immunity" strategy could result in 2.5 to 5 million deaths. Let's hope the *** not
Why would the death rate be that high though. The death toll in China which I don't think is true at all is officially around 3500. Something not quite right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.