Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Here's my take:

Resumption in July until September
Europa and Champs League to finish September

2020-2021 season to start in November with condensed no of games, around 30.
This would mean just playing some teams once.

I'd love this season to be declared null and void but it isn't going to happen.
The threat of law suits will be overwhelming.

Here's my take:

Unfortunately it’s looking like it,to many now pushing for season to finish at any costs ..

Here's my take:

What if David Silva scores the winner in the CL final? Or scores a goal that relegates Watford? His contract ends in June.

Even by this govts own modelling the virus isn’t going to peak until the end of June.
No way will there be any football in July with the crest of the infection bulge just passed.
Even if the football authorities wanted to until the govt relax their ban on emergency services at stadiums it ain’t happening.

According to one scientist there is no cure and it is here to stay for the forseeable future. Seems you can get it more than once, he stated this could be still around this time next year. We could be without footie for this and the whole of next season if he is right and no cure found. Transfers of players, IMO you might as well forget those as well.

It is quite possible that simply binning this season and starting from scratch for 2020-21 may not work either. Will the season be ready to start in August or will a longer delay be needed?

I can see a case for concluding this season when the dust has settled in October and then operating a reduced season for 2020-21 starting November or December to get things back in line for 2021-22. This might involve a 19 League match PL plus cup competitions.

Far too soon to speculate though.
You cannot possible do that and maintain the integrity of the league.
Certain teams may be much weaker after July when the players contracts expire.
Voiding the league is the only answer.

To be fair I suggested a similar scenario.. We'd still be the champions in the history books and there is a small chance we could catch them with reinforcements. They had 3 hard seasons (unless the juicing theory is true) and players like Salah might want to make a dart for Spain.

Could the best scenario be to make 2019-21 one BIG season? A 76 game league. So we pause now, and when it resumes we have another 47 games to claw back a 22 point deficit? Winner can have a larger size version of the current tropy?
Hope you are feeling better soon

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.