Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

You have a point the football we have been able to watch has been the best I have ever seen so much so that when watching say liverpool v utd I just look at that standard of play and laugh, its piss poor compared to City. We are a leading light in how a football club should be run bith on and off the field. I look at our campus, its mind blowing.

But than the hatred of the press/media Sky, BT starts to eat away at me. I feel myself beginning to really hate utd and liverpool because of it. I have never felt so bad when at the league match against utd, I didnt like the way I felt towards their fans or their club, I was feeling our hatred towards them which is unlike me. I wouldnt attend the liverpool match because I dont like that feeling.

I still want to go and watch our wonderful team , but I dont know if i can be bothered any more with football. I know it's wrong that i have allowed the press/media Sky BT to make me fall out of love of football. But i am sick to the back teeth of the love in for the dippers. I fucking hate it, if the press/media etc just want a two team league than perhaps it's not for me.

I really thought I would miss football but I dont ....

Life is more important
I also missed the Anfield match for the first time in decades. The atmosphere is so vile at Liverpool that I just don't want any experience of being there. It brings out feelings in me that I don't want to feel. I believe the media (social and mainstream) has poisoned the debate around football completely and sucked a lot of enjoyment out of our sport. Most of the coverage is dominated by negativity, confrontation, and sneering from people who don't even attend matches. It has become like our politics..totally toxic. There is very little positive coverage and celebration of the sheer joy of football. Us fans deserve better.

I think from a football point of view it might be time to start thinking that 2020 is a write off. Start the season again from where we are now in say January. Play one set of games a weekend with no midweek matches. Throw in the remaining FA Cup rounds and a couple of international breaks and that is 15/16 weeks. Enough to take us to the summer and Euro 2021.
This actually makes a lot of sense. The authorities need to make some clear decisions.

Social distancing for most of year, alternating between strict and relaxation, this season is done.

Yeah suppose they could rush through another rule no tackling also footballers should be 2 metres from another footballer in games and in changing rooms!

It’s baffling when you here sky and Neville Carragher saying the league has to finish even if it’s all done in 2 weeks in empty stadiums!

Maybe it’s just keep the charade up until it isn’t possible to play the rest of the season so they can tell the sponsors and don’t have to pay back the premier money.

This actually makes a lot of sense. The authorities need to make some clear decisions.
I don’t think they should make any decisions until they have to. Only make decisions once the picture becomes clearer. They’d just be opening themselves up to legal action if they make premature decisions.

Wait until there’s a very real prospect that football can restart in 1-2 months time.

I don’t think they should make any decisions until they have to. Only make decisions once the picture becomes clearer. They’d just be opening themselves up to legal action if they make premature decisions.

Wait until there’s a very real prospect that football can restart in 1-2 months time.
The stop-start decision making process is not working though. The Premier League have just postponed a decision till April 30. The UK virus peak at present is said to be 12 weeks away ie Mid June. That's the best case scenario from Boris Johnson and experts have already said it is unrealistic. In fact today they are saying 12 months. UEFA is just being stupid, a bit like Seb Coe and the Olympics. They lose credibility every time they speak and that just undermines public confidence.

The FA has been and always will be a fucking useless organisation. They, along with UEFA/FIFA should completely scrap all football until it is safe to host football games.

Last edited:
How can you play football if they implement social distancing for possibly 12 months. There would be no tight marking, no tackling, no celebrating ( hugging, high fiving, ) no crowding around the ref. no treatment when a player gets injured.
The season has to be terminated now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.