Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

If anyone saw sky news from the northern italian hospitals and we all should, then there is no doubt that we dontvwant that nightmare here.

Hundreds, thousands dieing. Suffocating to death. Awful stuff.

Anyone talking about anything other than getting us all safe and well again is a fool.

Surely if the season is unable to be completed, and football clubs want to sue the FA or PL for being unable to finish the season, the law courts would throw out all legal challenges due to extenuating circumstances. I cant see any legal challenge being successful. Or am I just being naive?. I would have thought the lawyers for the FA and PL would just play that card. If thousand of people die from this. Can you imagine the public outcry against these clubs, the negative press would kill them, no sponsors would want to be associated with them

Surely if the season is unable to be completed, and football clubs want to sue the FA or PL for being unable to finish the season, the law courts would throw out all legal challenges due to extenuating circumstances. I cant see any legal challenge being successful. Or am I just being naive?. I would have thought the lawyers for the FA and PL would just play that card. If thousand of people die from this. Can you imagine the public outcry against these clubs, the negative press would kill them, no sponsors would want to be associated with them

Certainly not in the ‘public interest’. I appreciate that term applies to criminal cases but I’m sure the public mood would determine next steps

What is it you are trying to say?

I've pointed out we pretty much are as many wins away from winning the cup, as they are the league. But along with a real shot at the CL too, i'm happy to see the whole lot canned, with us missing out on sporting achievements.

Because, there is a worldwide pandemic affecting global health wellbeing and financial stability of everyone. What is wrong with that?

And if i then react to liverpool supporting pundits, media or fans wanting to put their PL trophy first, and expect a resumption of the league when everything else is getting worse and worse, and further into isolation and towards total lockdown, what then is wrong with that?

Try posting about it without mentioning Liverpool.

I think what keeps us all going is the sheer brilliance of our football. I have done plenty of hard yards following City but I'm not sure I could go back to watching the sort of shit we endured under Stuart Pearce for example.
It's hard to disagree that in the broadest sense football is shite in its current format. TV is the cash cow and has too much influence; the leading organisations are riddled with corruption at all levels; the game has been infested by hangers-on like agents, and media pundits, who have no real passion for sport but just want to leech off it. Contempt has been shown to matchgoing fans who have been pushed aside by the "banter" boys on social media who never attend games.
It's easy for City fans to push these thoughts into the background because we have been spoiled by what we have seen on the field in the last decade. But, as a hard-core fan, I feel that in many ways the game has been stolen from us.

You have a point the football we have been able to watch has been the best I have ever seen so much so that when watching say liverpool v utd I just look at that standard of play and laugh, its piss poor compared to City. We are a leading light in how a football club should be run bith on and off the field. I look at our campus, its mind blowing.

But than the hatred of the press/media Sky, BT starts to eat away at me. I feel myself beginning to really hate utd and liverpool because of it. I have never felt so bad when at the league match against utd, I didnt like the way I felt towards their fans or their club, I was feeling our hatred towards them which is unlike me. I wouldnt attend the liverpool match because I dont like that feeling.

I still want to go and watch our wonderful team , but I dont know if i can be bothered any more with football. I know it's wrong that i have allowed the press/media Sky BT to make me fall out of love of football. But i am sick to the back teeth of the love in for the dippers. I fucking hate it, if the press/media etc just want a two team league than perhaps it's not for me.

I really thought I would miss football but I dont ....

Life is more important

Last edited:
If anyone saw sky news from the northern italian hospitals and we all should, then there is no doubt that we dontvwant that nightmare here.

Hundreds, thousands dieing. Suffocating to death. Awful stuff.

Anyone talking about anything other than getting us all safe and well again is a fool.
Spot on, horrifying pictures. As someone with a spouse with Leukemia it made my blood run cold.

Johnson said that in 12 weeks we could be in a situation where things are starting to get better. He absolutely didn’t say it would be over in 12 weeks.
Sorry you're right, he said we can 'turn the tide' and 'send coronavirus packing'. IMO he needs to be much clearer as dickheads like me won't get it through our thick skulls, otherwise :D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.