COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you’re telling me that Sports Direct is essential and yet you don’t understand why people are confused?
I’m not telling you anything other than, if not a key worker then stay at home. What’s classed as a key worker as in who can deliver etc is not my call

But what about the all seeing government eye? This is 1984 and saving lives should make us all uneasy.

I'm not sure what politics youre complaining about here? Are you arguing Ban-Jani is too left wing, or not left wing enough?

Your Diane Abbott comment would suggest the former, but your big brother comment the latter. Either way as a libertarian he's more right wing.

When I’m basking in the summer sun tomorrow, comfortably numb, I’ll think of all the scared little wimps cowering in their depressing darkened hovels. And I’ll have a good hearty laugh. :-)

Hello? Hello? Hello?
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me
Is there anyone at home?
Come on now
I hear you're feeling down
Well I can ease your pain
Get you on your feet again
Relax
I'll need some information first
Just the basic facts
Can you show me where it hurts?

NEW RULES ON STAYING AT HOME AND AWAY FROM OTHERS
The single most important action we can all take, in fighting coronavirus, is to stay at home in order to
protect the NHS and save lives.
When we reduce our day-to-day contact with other people, we will reduce the spread of the infection. That
is why the government is now (23 March 2020) introducing three new measures.
1. Requiring people to stay at home, except for very limited purposes
2. Closing non-essential shops and community spaces
3. Stopping all gatherings of more than two people in public
Every citizen must comply with these new measures. The relevant authorities, including the police, will be
given the powers to enforce them – including through fines and dispersing gatherings.
These measures are effective immediately. The Government will look again at these measures in three weeks,
and relax them if the evidence shows this is possible.
1. STAYING AT HOME
You should only leave the house for one of four reasons.
● Shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as
possible.
● One form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your
household.
● Any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person.
● Travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home.
These four reasons are exceptions - even when doing these activities, you should be minimising time spent
outside of the home and ensuring you are 2 metres apart from anyone outside of your household.
These measures must be followed by everyone. Separate advice is available for individuals or households
who are isolating, and for the most vulnerable who need to be shielded.
If you work in a critical sector outlined in this guidance, or your child has been identified as vulnerable, you
can continue to take your children to school.
2. CLOSING NON-ESSENTIAL SHOPS AND PUBLIC SPACES
Last week, the Government ordered certain businesses - including pubs, cinemas and theatres - to close.
The Government is now extending this requirement to a further set of businesses and other venues,
including:
● all non-essential retail stores - this will include clothing and electronics stores; hair, beauty and nail
salons; and outdoor and indoor markets, excluding food markets.
● libraries, community centres, and youth centres.

Eh? Dianne Abbott pillow? You do know I’m not a Labour voter and think the current position of the party is in the fucking looney bin?

Learn from history or be doomed to it. It’s hard to see now with hundreds and thousands dying from this thing but in the future every government will know how to implement these types of measures, as we’ve finally actually implemented them in the UK. We’ve seen democratic, free countries the world over fall into the hands of fascist and communist dictators. All I’m saying is now that the blueprint is there for them, I feel uneasy.

HOWEVER, it’s the only thing that will stop thousands of my fellow citizens from dying in the here and now so I AM FOR IT.

Why you think this view is a big deal, never mind disagree with it, I don’t know.
I think it's necessary and we'll see far more of this in the future; this thing is likely to be around for a couple years minimum; the people were given the choice: behave or be told. We need to be told. Compare to Japan/South Korea where the people did / are doing what's asked.
Look, I know why you're saying you're uneasy; this is a massive change in the hand of power. I'm more than happy though to see it being used. We need it (but I do get your point).

I’m not telling you anything other than, if not a key worker then stay at home. What’s classed as a key worker as in who can deliver etc is not my call
No, you’re on here telling everyone that his message is crystal clear. We’re telling you it’s not. There isn’t a person earth that would say SD is an essential job or their staff are key workers, but they’re working tomorrow. And at 22:30 at night all my social media pages are full of people that haven’t a clue whether or not they should be setting alarms in the morning.

Would now love to turn my phone off for 3 weeks and ignore all the news. But got to keep in touch with the loved ones.
I said I was going to have the weekend off the news and on here but I kept on coming on.

After knowing what measures have been put in place and that they will last three weeks, I am going to have a day off completely tomorrow. Give my mind a bit of respite from it all. I’ve been all-consumed in this since early January! I’ve read about two dozen science articles and watched about sixty odd videos online about it.

Tomorrow is a day I’m switching off.

I’ll do that a few times a week from now on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.