COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Britons who are currently travelling abroad are being urged to return to the UK now.

A statement from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) said tourists and short-stay travellers should come home while commercial flights remain available.

Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said: "Around the world, more airlines are suspending flights and more airports are closing, some without any notice.

"Where commercial routes don't exist, our staff are working round the clock to give advice and support to UK nationals. If you are on holiday abroad the time to come home is now while you still can."

The FCO statement added that international travel is increasingly becoming more difficult - with borders closing, countries stopping people from leaving, and further restrictions being introduced on a daily basis

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-all-british-travellers-urged-to-return-to-the-uk-now-11962534

Yes, let's all be worried that this is leading to some mass end of democracy and that through these actions we could save tens of thousands of lives nationally and millions globally. Uneasy? I will sleep uneasy - because he hasn't gone far enough. You'll sleep uneasy because your Dianne Abbott pillow can't be dry-cleaned for a few weeks.

Eh? Dianne Abbott pillow? You do know I’m not a Labour voter and think the current position of the party is in the fucking looney bin?

Learn from history or be doomed to it. It’s hard to see now with hundreds and thousands dying from this thing but in the future every government will know how to implement these types of measures, as we’ve finally actually implemented them in the UK. We’ve seen democratic, free countries the world over fall into the hands of fascist and communist dictators. All I’m saying is now that the blueprint is there for them, I feel uneasy.

HOWEVER, it’s the only thing that will stop thousands of my fellow citizens from dying in the here and now so I AM FOR IT.

Why you think this view is a big deal, never mind disagree with it, I don’t know.

No. He. Didn't. He never said don't work, he said unless its absolutely necessary, don't leave the house, unless you can't work from home. Totally different. Unsurprisingly for many paying the bills is absolutely necessary, and most can't work from home.
What!!! Do what you want, what would you consider absolutely necessary if not a key worker

If their delivering, John Lewis are closed but still delivering, restaurant closed unless delivering, posties food etc etc etc, builders painters cabbies Gardner’s window cleaners thieves muggers traffic wardens hotels ice cream men stay at home, u get my drift
So you’re telling me that Sports Direct is essential and yet you don’t understand why people are confused?

im pretty sure they will pay any companys 80 per cent wage bill iff they have to lay them off as long as they promise there is a job for them when the lockdowns over

Here’s a good one say you send home 10 of your workforce and the company gets the govt to pay 80% of the wages and then you need a couple of them again and later on you don’t, can you claim the 80% again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.