Worst bands or solo artist you have seen live

REM 1995 went with a girl I was seeing at Huddersfield’s ground
they were proper dog shit, lots of people were disappointed didn’t really worry me as I didn’t like them,only went as we had a hotel booked afterwards who have you seen that was awful.

Saw R.E.M. at MK Bowl that year and they were dreadful and I was a fan. Hugely disappointing.

Saw Bad Company in 1979 and that stands out as one of the biggest let downs ever, compounded by having got tickets for two nights at the Apollo. Gave them another try live many years later at Wembley and they were fine.

Seen plenty of awful support bands but most headliners I've seen that I have chosen to see have been enjoyable.

The Stranglers at the Apollo , boring and couldn’t be arsed the play their biggest hit .

The La's at the Riverside Newcastle. By the end of the gig there was only about 7 people left. My mate informed me as I retired to the pub about half an hour in.
Billy Idol at Download. Forgot the words to White Wedding and at one point said "lets show all these filthy rockers what a hit sounds like".

Deep Purple with a strings section backing & Gillan 'singing' at the arena probably 3/4 years ago now.

His voice was shot and couldn't manage a single song to the end. I get that he'd not be screeching these days but it was really poor.

Watched Whitesnake the following year and Coverdale adjusted his set & got away with a half decent show.

Beth Hart concert 2 years ago was really looking forward to it for months BUT on the night she decided to give the band the night off and do a solo gig using an electro organ and then an acoustic guitar ! And just to rub salt into the wound she name dropped Joe Bonamassa after the first song and I knew he had been spotted in a local guitar shop that day but no !!! That's all it was a name drop .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.