Worst bands or solo artist you have seen live

I'm not a fan of Van Morrison but a guy I used to work with had seen him a number of times. He said that half of his gigs were brilliant the other half crap. He said you could tell what mood he was in when he walked onto the stage! Odd that he kept going back.

It’s very true but when Van was on form it was a transcendental experience. You took your chances

Happy Mondays. MEN Arena late 90's

Knew it was going to be bad when Bez wheeled out on stage a clearly off his face Shaun Ryder in a shopping trolley.

Absolutely shite. Shed 7 on the other hand who were supporting them were excellent

I was at that Mondays gig. Was absolutely smashed so can't remember out about it.

Wiley at Glastonbury is the shittest single performance I have ever seen. Had some guy on a cd deck pressing play behind him and he was just shouting incoherqnt shite over the top of his tune that was playing on the cd deck.

The most incosistent band were New Order. I have seen them a ridiculous amount of times over the years. They could be utterly abysmal one night and then the greatest thing you have ever seen the next. They are consistently good these days, they play the big tunes and it is always a great night out. The edge, animosity and unpredictability left when Hooky left though. Its all rather nice now.

Happy Mondays. MEN Arena late 90's

Knew it was going to be bad when Bez wheeled out on stage a clearly off his face Shaun Ryder in a shopping trolley.

Absolutely shite. Shed 7 on the other hand who were supporting them were excellent

REM 1995 went with a girl I was seeing at Huddersfield’s ground
they were proper dog shit, lots of people were disappointed didn’t really worry me as I didn’t like them,only went as we had a hotel booked afterwards who have you seen that was awful.

What happened in the hotel room after?

Neil Young on his "trans tour " at the birmingham nec in the early 80's,love him but that concert and tour apparantly was awful

U2 at the apollo just as they were becoming huge,unforgettable fire tour 1984,they were pure utter shite.

I had this outstanding album in the late 60s by a band called Love, the album was Forever Changes.
Anyway they played at Free Trade Hall circa 1970, I loved the album and couldn't wait.
The main singer/leader was Arthur Lee.
He was pissed as a fart and was terrible, he actually said ' if anyone's come here to hear Forever Changes, you can fuck off'
They just played really heavy stuff but Lee was all over the place.
People just walked out.
Did you catch Lee doing Forever Changes about 2003, backed by Baby Lemonade? Really good shows. Lee had been through many ups and downs by then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.