Self-employed & Coronavirus

I had a call last night after accountant did some more reading up. They are pretty sure I will be entitled to the scheme which pays up to 80 per cent of salary on the PAYE scheme.

It is a grey area in the scheme but you can still work on your business as a director. Including all the things you will still be doing, chasing and submitting invoices, doing the books, payrolls and chasing down new work on behalf of your business.

Essentially, I would still bring money into the business as normal (working in truth) but that is through my efforts as director, keeping the business going, so the money I could get as a perceived furloughed employee would be applicable.

My accountant this morning said directors couldn't get furlough but tonight he's of the opinion that you can, thank God

Can I just add If anyone is struggling due to waiting for payments from hmrc , or universal credit I’m quite happy to throw a couple of quid in as I’m sure other members would as well £5 each in a kitty would pay for a fellow members food gas/ electric until they have sorted themselves out it would be a small gesture in very trying times a lot of us could do this to help fellow blues in need

Can I just add If anyone is struggling due to waiting for payments from hmrc , or universal credit I’m quite happy to throw a couple of quid in as I’m sure other members would as well £5 each in a kitty would pay for a fellow members food gas/ electric until they have sorted themselves out it would be a small gesture in very trying times a lot of us could do this to help fellow blues in need
A lovely gesture. Stay safe blue

I am in real danger of going out of business in the next few months.

I haven't had a penny in sales receipts for two weeks. I'm still doing work for clients but I feel like it's completely worthless as they're not going to be paying for that. I also don't feel right in chasing payments when everyone else is struggling too.

If I furlough myself I'll have no business to come back to anyway so that's pointless.

I'll be OK with bills etc as I get a military pension and the Mrs is currently earning, but I've devoted the 7 years since I left the RAF to building a successful business that will see me OK when it comes to retirement and now I can see it falling down around me. Not sure if I'll have the drive to do it all again when this is all over.

This is soul destroying :'(

My wife's family business relies on storage rental from 40 self employed businesses. They'll be struggling to get anything in. The huge fire on Morton Street Failsworth, the lead story on the M. E. N at the moment is a few of their tenants

I am in real danger of going out of business in the next few months.

I haven't had a penny in sales receipts for two weeks. I'm still doing work for clients but I feel like it's completely worthless as they're not going to be paying for that. I also don't feel right in chasing payments when everyone else is struggling too.

If I furlough myself I'll have no business to come back to anyway so that's pointless.

I'll be OK with bills etc as I get a military pension and the Mrs is currently earning, but I've devoted the 7 years since I left the RAF to building a successful business that will see me OK when it comes to retirement and now I can see it falling down around me. Not sure if I'll have the drive to do it all again when this is all over.

This is soul destroying :'(

whatever you did before will still be there for you to do again.

this is shit, but it will end and we will get through it.

you put yourself in harm’s way for your country. You will get through this.

That's nice, good on you.

Had a message from a rag mate today, saying he would transfer me some cash. It was a really appreciated gesture, though something in my upbringing will not allow me to say yes.

Was wondering if anyone had found work, or applied for something to get through to June.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.