Season ticket payments - refunds/credits due by June 19th

Had an email from every single organisation I owe money to, mortgage, car, council, interest free loan and every single one offered either a holiday or help. That there tells me everything I need to know about how the club views us. No communication, nothing. If I didn't come on here I still wouldn't know if it was going out or not. Pathetic.

How long before we get a "Who's renewing" thread?
  • I'm not by the way.done with it.....decided that after about a month of VAR.

It's worth a thread but I'm not starting it. To me it's very disappointing that so many people say they will be jacking it in as the only losers in this will be the club. Obviously there is no obligation to attend matches and put your money into the club's coffers but if large numbers of long term supporters do that then the match going experience will deteriorate further.

Hopefully many people will have had a change of heart by the time football starts again & by that I mean the new season (no-one gives rats arse about this one now).

It's worth a thread but I'm not starting it. To me it's very disappointing that so many people say they will be jacking it in as the only losers in this will be the club. Obviously there is no obligation to attend matches and put your money into the club's coffers but if large numbers of long term supporters do that then the match going experience will deteriorate further.

Hopefully many people will have had a change of heart by the time football starts again & by that I mean the new season (no-one gives rats arse about this one now).
Agreed.

There is not one argument you can put forward why City are taking this payment at THIS time and not suspending it until they know what's happening.
Sorry but at this time it's morally bankrupt to take the payment.
Disgusted in you City, if and when people don't renew next season people will remember this.
It will make it easier & faster to calculate refunds/credits as and when the league is cancelled or resumed by the FA. If they cancel all the direct debits it will leave some fans who have paid in full (at the start of the season) and some who have paid 90% and then if somehow the season resumes (unlikely I know) they would have to re-setup all the DDs or handle thousands of payments. I wouldn't put ALL the blame on City just at the moment because it is not completely in their hands, they don't know yet whether they will be refunding, offering credits for future matches/seasoncards or what. If the FA null and void the season then the club can proceed to the next stage. As others have said, if people can't afford the payment just cancel the DD, it will just suspend the seasoncard(s) until they know themselves their own situations better.

It will make it easier & faster to calculate refunds/credits as and when the league is cancelled or resumed by the FA. If they cancel all the direct debits it will leave some fans who have paid in full (at the start of the season) and some who have paid 90% and then if somehow the season resumes (unlikely I know) they would have to re-setup all the DDs or handle thousands of payments. I wouldn't put ALL the blame on City just at the moment because it is not completely in their hands, they don't know yet whether they will be refunding, offering credits for future matches/seasoncards or what. If the FA null and void the season then the club can proceed to the next stage. As others have said, if people can't afford the payment just cancel the DD, it will just suspend the seasoncard(s) until they know themselves their own situations better.
Nobody is saying cancel the direct debits just suspend this payment. It would be just as easy to refund or reduce pro rata next season if that's the route we go down if you have made 9 or 10 payments, people being forced to cancel dds is creating a whole load of work for everyone deactivating cards extra that needed have happened.
Just suspend payment Til you know what's happening full stop.

There was a question on some programme about rights and such stuff last night. One question was that somebody had a final payment to make on a holiday. They wanted to know if they should make the payment as they were due to go in May and they knew that wouldn’t be happening now. The consumer ‘expert’ said to make the payment as your consumer rights then entitle you to claim a full refund, if you don’t make the payment they can refuse to refund you. I can only assume that whatever insurance/regulatory body cover provides or demands insists this is the way it has to be done. Whether or not this is why they are still taking the payment I don’t know it just seemed to be the only reason the club are taking the money.
I wholeheartedly agree that the club should have been more open with us the fans, they’ve dropped an almighty clanger here by not considering the financial hardships some, well an awful lot to be honest, are having to endure.
Some of the reds I know are also having to pay their last Direct Debit too, so perhaps it’s a nationwide issue with all the clubs.
I assume my wife and my last payment will be taken tomorrow, that’s £130 add to that they still have my Madrid money, I am lucky I can afford it. Still feel like City are taking the piss, though playing Devils Advocate I have to question the Premier Leagues stance regarding the television/sponsorship finances being more important than peoples lives. Cancel the season now, imagine the public backlash against clubs/sponsors who try and take them to Court after all this is through? Give the dippers the league and start next season with Leeds and the Baggies in a 22 team league if that’s what is necessary.

You should check Terms of insurance. I have a ferry booked which they have given me a voucher for. The insurance would not have covered Pandemics. I’ve removed my credit card from booking.com for the hotel as that’s non cancelable so I won’t be paying for that. I’ve already paid for one hotel which has temporarily closed though so hopefully they will be good about it. If not I know where they are!

i'm not bothered about the money, what i dont like is wasting it. VAR does exactly that. results are decided before you leave the house..........home or away.

Exactly what I said to my lad when I told him I wasnt renewing and he asked why.
Shown him scudamore's "premier league strategic plan",then asked him how they can guarantee a new winner every 6 years without fixing it......he couldn't answer.
It's sad really....the "beautiful game" millions have grown up to love,eat,sleep and breath...being destroyed by the money men.

Problem for a lot ov us is we are paying to watch football and basically being served up w.w.e

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.