Season ticket payments - refunds/credits due by June 19th

Already felt distant from premiership football of late, recent events re pay etc have widened the gap further and other than saying goodbye to Silva this year and Sergio next right now I don't give a xxxx.

If City hadn't offered an interest free loan everyone would have had to pay the lot LAST JUNE!!!!!

It city hadn't allowed installment payments they would not have gotten away with drastic price rises, they knew exactly what they were doing.

I borrow at under 1.5% long term so interest free isn't worth much for £700 over 8 or 9 months.

No discount for paying early these days either.

We all know the prem ain't gonna finish,certainly not with fans in attendance.
I think City should set a precedent and release a statement along the lines of....
Whether the premier league comes to a conclusion or not,Manchester City have made the decision to reimburse all season ticket holders for the remaining games.
Manchester City will not risk the health of its supporters..........blah,blah,blah.
You know what I mean.

Well my email from the ballot said I wasn't going to be offered my seats again as it wouldn't be fair to the other members...
Really? That's odd. What do they mean by members? Thought it was a public ballot. Ignore what I said, their communications are no better than City's!

This is from David Walker

This post is not about any kind of point scoring, it’s just stating facts.

Sheikh Mansour, Abu Dhabi and City are wrongly vilified by rivals and a mass media, all too happy to peddle anti-City propaganda.

In the present desperate climate of the loss of lives, fear and uncertainty caused by #Covid19, City is doing its part to try and help.

I offer no spin on anything other than to state:

1. Sheikh Mansour is the patron of the Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company ADNEC - which own the ExCel Centre in London - now the NHS Nightingale Hospital, set up to treat #Covid19 patients. As far as I am aware, the NHS is not paying ExCel for the usage of the facility.

2. City have opened its doors and made the Etihad Stadium available to the NHS for free usage during the pandemic.

3. Pep Guardiola has given €1m to help combat the coronavirus in Spain.

4. City has paid all of its casual workers up to what would’ve been the end of the 2019/20 season.

5. City has contributed 50% to the £100,000 donated to help food banks in Manchester.

Hopefully the club and the playing staff will step up and do more in the coming days and weeks, as we have yet to witness the worst effects of the #coronavirus.

Yes, some people have been complaining about direct debits being taken for the final instalments of payment for the 2019/20 season tickets, but this money will be refunded or taken off the future price of matches, if fixtures are declared null and void or, alternatively, played behind closed doors.

Rather than criticise, let’s take a step back to take a measure of pride in what our club has, and is, doing during this time of crisis.

Sheikh Mansour, Abu Dhabi and City are wrongly vilified by rivals and a mass media, all too happy to peddle anti-City propaganda.

In the present desperate climate of the loss of lives, fear and uncertainty caused by #Covid19, City is doing its part to try and help.

1. Sheikh Mansour is the patron of the Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company ADNEC - which own the ExCel Centre in London - now the NHS Nightingale Hospital, set up to treat #Covid19 patients. As far as I am aware, the NHS is not paying ExCel for the usage of the facility.

2. City have opened its doors and made the Etihad Stadium available to the NHS for free usage during the pandemic.

4. City has paid all of its casual workers up to what would’ve been the end of the 2019/20 season.

5. City has contributed 50% to the £100,000 donated to help food banks in Manchester.

Hopefully the club and the playing staff will step up and do more in the coming days and weeks, as we have yet to witness the worst effects of the #coronavirus.

Yes, some people have been complaining about direct debits being taken for the final instalments of payment for the 2019/20 season tickets, but this money will be refunded or taken off the future price of matches, if fixtures are declared null and void or, alternatively, played behind closed doors.

Rather than criticise, let’s take a step back to take a measure of pride in what our club has, and is, doing during this time of crisis.
The point about the DD being taken is that some people simply do not have it or making a choice between feeding themselves or paying for a product up front that they will never see. Yes the owner is involved in the ownership of the Excel and Pep has donated a huge sum but that has zero bearing on someone who’s income has stopped but still has food to buy and utility bills to pay .

The point about the DD being taken is that some people simply do not have it or making a choice between feeding themselves or paying for a product up front that they will never see. Yes the owner is involved in the ownership of the Excel and Pep has donated a huge sum but that has zero bearing on someone who’s income has stopped but still has food to buy and utility bills to pay .

I’ve got no income either atm mate. Of course there are people really struggling who were encouraged to contact the Club.

I posted the David Walker piece because I’ve noticed a shift in the attitude of our fans on social media in recent days. The majority of Blues seem to be getting bored or losing patience with people moaning about everything the Club seems to do. City are far from perfect of course but it’s tedious.

Can you tell me when you visit the supermarket or the takeaway do they say we won’t take your payment until you’ve eaten your meal?

For info, I bought 12 tickets for City’s last 2 away games that were subsequently cancelled. I asked people to pay me for the tickets when I bought them and 9 out of the 12 people vanished off the face of the earth. (There wasn’t any Coronavirus case in the North that I was aware of then). People were being shrewd and that was fair enough but there was definitely no relationship between people being poor and not paying for their tickets. If anything the opposite was true. I’ve sorted refunds so it’s no longer an issue.

I’ve got no income either atm mate. Of course there are people really struggling who were encouraged to contact the Club.

I posted the David Walker piece because I’ve noticed a shift in the attitude of our fans on social media in recent days. The majority of Blues seem to be getting bored or losing patience with people moaning about everything the Club seems to do. City are far from perfect of course but it’s tedious.

Can you tell me when you visit the supermarket or the takeaway do they say we won’t take your payment until you’ve eaten your meal?

For info, I bought 12 tickets for City’s last 2 away games that were subsequently cancelled. I asked people to pay me for the tickets when I bought them and 9 out of the 12 people vanished off the face of the earth. (There wasn’t any Coronavirus case in the North that I was aware of then). People were being shrewd and that was fair enough but there was definitely no relationship between people being poor and not paying for their tickets. If anything the opposite was true. I’ve sorted refunds so it’s no longer an issue.

I can see it from both sides Tim and can understand completely why the club have not cancelled DD payments when its not been confirmed the season has been cancelled and the logistical nightmare if the league suddenly restarted.

What has let the club down again is the communication. The time lag waiting for information and then providing the info at the bottom of an email the day before payment is typically taken. There is no doubt the club does a lot of good and most opinions, amongst City fans, are skewed in the clubs favour, but this is one area they could really do with improving upon.

All commendable, but let me make an analogy, you go through the drive thru at the McDonald's you ask for a whole bunch of food and as you are driving off you find out they have screwed the order up so you return to complain and are told ohhh we didn't have what you asked for and we aren't likely to have it again.... but we wanted to charge you in the event that it arrived while waiting, ohhh and BTW we are going to charge you for your visit next week too.. You are understandably likely to be upset so you complain to Head Office and are told that you shouldn't be upset because there are 11 Ronald McDonald House's around the UK, sure that's commendable but you still only came for a burger, they screwed up the order and then charged you for it!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.