COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
In what group as it does not provide number of deaths by age? Young people with no underlying health issues? Where is the data for this group as they tend to be put together with the elderly, whose immune system may well be weaker because of their age.
Sorry i mean the no underlying heath issues group,i can't remember how that breaks down by age exactly

Not sure i understand why he is almost putting a date on it,better not be specific i think

The peak of the UK's coronavirus outbreak - with as many as 1,000 deaths a day leading up to it - may come on Easter Sunday, Health Secretary Matt Hancock has suggested.

At the launch of the new makeshift NHS Nightingale Hospital in east London, Mr Hancock told Sky News it was "perfectly possible" the peak of the COVID-19 crisis in this country could occur around 12 April.

Tbf to Hancock he never came out with that date it was Adam Boulton in the studio who said he'd been told, he then put it to Hancock who said I'm not going to be steered away from it.

I don't know,i think putting a date on it creates more questions than answers and i think public will think we are past the worst and relax too soon,we know it has more than one wave as it does when you have it,you seem a bit better than it gets you a second time,i think he would have done better to be vague

If I was being a cynic I'd guess they wouldn't be too concerned with a few people going outside and getting infected if they still feel a long term herd immunity option is our best bet, which they clearly do, even if they've dropped that phrasing publicly.

They're not stupid. Behavioral scientists know this will happen if they put a date on it. If we do, they do. It's common sense. They're saying what they need to publicly, and they'll probably accept a few laxes as long as the majority stick to it and the drip feed of new infections remains manageable.

Sorry i mean the no underlying heath issues group,i can't remember how that breaks down by age exactly

Ah right.

I am not sure if the age group data is available. I would suggest it may not be a good idea to publish it as it may embolden the young to disregard the suggestions relating to isolation and social distancing.

Yes, I reckon it’ll be some time in mid-to-late May when the lockdown is relaxed a little. But the social distancing measures are here to stay for over 12 months.

The lockdown will then be back towards the middle/end of June I guess.

What makes you think middle to end of June for another lock down? I was under the impression it would probably be later on in the year.

What makes you think middle to end of June for another lock down? I was under the impression it would probably be later on in the year.
Because they said it would need to be in force for around two-thirds of the next 12 months. Unless that has since changed? A few weeks back it was said that essentially 8 of the next 12 months would see a lockdown of sorts. Can’t give us much more than a month of freer movement at any one time I don’t think? They will turn it off then turn it back on again when ICU admissions rise to a certain level. Unless the plan has completely changed now, this is life until the vaccine. A regular switching on/off of the lockdown. But obviously this first stint will be the longest (unless we suffer a crazy 2nd peak).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.