That Hamburg night in Manchester

I was in East Stand Level 3, was rocking up there. Every time we carried the ball forward everyone just went mad.

Tinnies were being passed around, people actually stood up. Took a mate who had never seen any sort of top flight footy and he said he didn’t realise it was this loud.

Ten out of ten for Hart. Klopp assembled that Dortmund team on the kind of money Liverpool paid for Andy Carroll.

A couple of things led to an amazing atmospeher that night, and me being totally pissed off

The tickets were sold very cheaply and could be bought at the stadium at the match before it and you could buy upto 6 tickets, even if you had never been to a match before - so those that struggle to get to a match suddenly could attend in their thousands.

I got the the front of a very long queue to be told they had sold out at that stall less than a minute earlier - queued in another one, they sold out.

A good friend who had never been to a game in his life managed to get 6 - I got none despite having been to every home game that season. He wouldn't sell me one, and went with 3 blues and two people who didnt even like football. We havent spoken since!

A couple of things led to an amazing atmospeher that night, and me being totally pissed off

The tickets were sold very cheaply and could be bought at the stadium at the match before it and you could buy upto 6 tickets, even if you had never been to a match before - so those that struggle to get to a match suddenly could attend in their thousands.

I got the the front of a very long queue to be told they had sold out at that stall less than a minute earlier - queued in another one, they sold out.

A good friend who had never been to a game in his life managed to get 6 - I got none despite having been to every home game that season. He wouldn't sell me one, and went with 3 blues and two people who didnt even like football. We havent spoken since!

Were you a ST holder?

Were you a ST holder?
Yeah I can't get my head around regulars not getting tickets, even with the 6 ticket thing.

I was in 117 at the time and within 20 yards of me it was just the normal faces, I suspect some people left it too late and missed out as the club panicked about not selling out.

I can't remember if I got tickets online, through the cup scheme or by going down in person but if on the ball people should have been able to get their own seat quite easily.

Liverpool last year tops everything for me. It was a must win game to keep our title hopes alive and there was obviously a lot of bad blood after the coach attack. They’d basically declared themselves champions by that point as well and were unbeaten which added to the importance of it all.

Their players were booed and jeered for practically the entire 90 minutes whenever they had the ball and apart from a 5-10 minute spell after they scored the dippers were silent. It really was just a big ‘fuck you’ to them that was long overdue at that point.

You snooze, you loose x

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.