COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. We still have 2,000 ICU beds spare with more opening up all the time and we've not had a small area overloaded.

That's the way I see it too. One of Italy's major issues was that a substantial number who needed ICU and a ventilator did not get access to one, and thus sadly passed. This happened quite early on too.

London, the hardest hit area, is at 75%. I don't believe that includes the Nightingale.

In the grand scheme, it’s probably quite helpful having a country do what Sweden are doing, as helps us see their success level.

The UK did it. The USA did it. Germany did it. It was only when the deaths and cases started to add up that they enacted restrictions. I see Sweden has had a bit of a jump in deaths today so it will be interesting to see if over the next few days their govt stick to their current plans when the pressure hits and the public start losing loved ones. I know there are Swedes here in Spain that are very concerned about friends and family back there.

Any idea of the real death rate for the UK? As far as I can gather only deaths in hospitals are being counted. If that is true then it's a case of massaging the figures so it doesn't look quite so bad.
No because we have no idea how many people have or have had the virus and won’t for a long time yet.

That's the way I see it too. One of Italy's major issues was that a substantial number who needed ICU and a ventilator did not get access to one, and thus sadly passed. This happened quite early on too.

London, the hardest hit area, is at 75%. I don't believe that includes the Nightingale.
Don't know where you got that stat from? Not saying you are wrong, but I have not seen it. This report might seem to suggest a different picture:

https://www.theguardian.com/society...y-and-still-the-coronavirus-tide-keeps-coming

I am angry.

I am angry that NHS Nightingale will come too late. Intensive care units are becoming overloaded across the London region.

Our own is now ventilating almost three times the number it was designed for, spilling out across adjacent wards and operating theatres on scavenged ventilators and skeleton staffing.

Still the tide keeps coming.

This was Thursday last week (reported Friday).

Any idea of the real death rate for the UK? As far as I can gather only deaths in hospitals are being counted. If that is true then it's a case of massaging the figures so it doesn't look quite so bad.
No one really knows and it might just be a question of not having all the data rather than fudging numbers. It’s probably happening in most countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.