Burnley

naive Karen, the fact they don’t have cash reserves tells the story that they don’t deserve to be in the division in the first place.
Think about Leeds, Fulham etc. all better run now and funded. Their promotions will improve jobs for their people. So the same amount of people have work.
No sympathy for them.
Whether a club is in the Premier League or not has nothing to do with what cash reserves it has, rather how it has performed on the field over the last x number of years.

Burnley deserve their place in the top flight because they achieved it by winning more points than the other clubs in the Championship and by winning more points than at least three teams in every season that they have been in the PL, I.e. they are in with the big boys on merit

Equally, Fulham, dirty Leeds and every other club not in the Premier are in the tier of English football they deserve to be in.

Whether a club is in the Premier League or not has nothing to do with what cash reserves it has, rather how it has performed on the field over the last x number of years.

Burnley deserve their place in the top flight because they achieved it by winning more points than the other clubs in the Championship and by winning more points than at least three teams in every season that they have been in the PL, I.e. they are in with the big boys on merit

Equally, Fulham, dirty Leeds and every other club not in the Premier are in the tier of English football they deserve to be in.

You are missing the point.

If you are going to sit and preach about the virtues of financial fair play, then play within it’s rules and have sufficient cash. They clearly were pushing beyond their means to be in the league and now that’s very obvious.

I don’t want to get into money, but I know what one player was offered and the negotiated pay cut was massive- putting him on a level with many posters on here. For a premier league team to be that dependant on cash is ludicrous and possibly the worst prem club we’ve seen. It’s a sign they should not have been in the league and should have taken their own advice about football finances. It’s little wonder they were so bitter.

You are missing the point.

If you are going to sit and preach about the virtues of financial fair play, then play within it’s rules and have sufficient cash. They clearly were pushing beyond their means to be in the league and now that’s very obvious.

I don’t want to get into money, but I know what one player was offered and the negotiated pay cut was massive- putting him on a level with many posters on here. For a premier league team to be that dependant on cash is ludicrous and possibly the worst prem club we’ve seen. It’s a sign they should not have been in the league and should have taken their own advice about football finances. It’s little wonder they were so bitter.

But FFP was never really about having cash. The Good Sheikh has it dripping down the walls but he wasn't allowed to spend it. Teams are up past their bollocks and way beyond their armpits in debt, but FFP didn't think that was a problem. Football at nearly every level is a hand to mouth existence, even for a good number of PL teams, and when the manure hits the fan it strikes home very hard, and isn't too long in striking once the games grind to a halt.

FAKE NEWS SURELY
Garlick said the situation is so dire that his
club — one of the best run in the top flight

one of the best run in the top flight
Yeah right you are,

I heard this from inside the club earlier in the week.
They are fucked. Literally living week to week.

Good riddance. Not big enough for the league and had no financial stability in place. Irony of fucking ironies that.
How have they been passing the PL FFP ? Just shows it's not worth the paper it's printed on.

I felt sorry for the Bury fans when they went tits up, ergh I will leave it there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.