COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nor rising to you. Take care. If people did not slag off a man in intensive care with words like **** and narcissist there would be no issue. It really is that simple. Going back on ignore for a while so i don't have to see you response. But take care. (again)
It was a statement of fact. I don’t want a rise out of you, there’s more important shit going on in my life that needs dealing with.

Quite right. Mass testing and tracing has to be the way forward out of this. Once they ease the lockdown they need everyone to get an app on their phone which, in effect, says ‘hello’ to other phones it encounters. If someone tests positive and they’ve been in close proximity to your phone, you’ll get an alert saying you need a test, that day. I’m probably making it sound more complicated than it is, but it’s the way to open the economy up again.
I think it's clear now that the social isolation has worked in so far as the hospitals have not been overwhelmed. Focus now has to switch to mass-testing.

It will happen and I am pretty certain it will revolve around fast-testing kits because they can be scaled up. This is what states are planning in the USA. Mayor Cuomo in New York has made fast-testing the centre-piece of his plan to get NY back. Abbots Labs has a point of care testing kit that you can put across the country. There must be other pharmaceutical companies who can produce similar products (Iknow there are different systems in the US). In the USA their hospitals are set up to use the traditional systems run by Roche and they have spent the last week producing and distributing the new infrastructure. Then they need to get their hospitals and workplaces to use the fast testing kits rather than existing systems.

Oxford Uni has a fast test proposition. South Korea and China have been selling their own versions. If the UK can not develop their own, then they need to test which is best, and acquire them and set up a national infrastructure. Use the Army if you have to.

We were told a week ago that an academic (I forget his name) had been given responsibility for testing. Hopefully he and his people have been busy working away and plans are advanced. we need to hear about this now. Even our extremely placid press are well fed up with this. Everyone can see that this is an urgent requirement. If it's not possible, why? explain it, and what you are doing.

South Korea don;t actually do millions of tests. It's in the level of hundreds of thousands and that's sufficient to operate society on a limited basis (no schools, or nurseries but offices and workplaces open). Gradualist steps are required.

This isn’t good. Hopefully it was just a case of them not fully recovering because if it is a case of being reinfected after being completely cleared we are in real danger.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/51-re...in-south-korea/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
I’ve just been trying to find a report I read, at some point during all this, that said something like COVID-19 attaches to cells and unlocks the door to get inside the cell to replicate and move onto another cell. However, even if our body fights off some of the replicated cells, some of the replicated viruses remain in some cells and can then replicate further.

I can’t bloody find it though. Maybe it was false!

But this might explain why there are cases of reinfection.

The only thing that will get us back to normal is a vaccine. Testing will help for those that have had the virus and are immune to get back to normal.

Now that Wuhan are allowed to travel we'll see how well they have got it under control in China, although whatever they say will have to be taken with a pinch of salt.

I’ve just been trying to find a report I read, at some point during all this, that said something like COVID-19 attaches to cells and unlocks the door to get inside the cell to replicate and move onto another cell. However, even if our body fights off some of the replicated cells, some of the replicated viruses remain in some cells and can then replicate further.

I can’t bloody find it though. Maybe it was false!

But this might explain why there are cases of reinfection.

Not sure if it is this one but I found it interesting and sound similar. Posted earlier in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.