COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of an exit strategy is the one thing that currently keeps me up at night. I'm relatively content my loved ones are safe at the moment (fingers crossed), but it's what happens after the lockdown ends now concerns me. It doesn't really seem there is a plan. If there is one, none of us have a clue what it is, nor do any of the press. I'm really scared that they'll go 'right, back to work you all go', and then we're back at square one and we've all gotta basically just hope every day not to wake up to a call that one of our parents has caught it. It's a shite way to live day to day.

Last edited:
I’ve just been trying to find a report I read, at some point during all this, that said something like COVID-19 attaches to cells and unlocks the door to get inside the cell to replicate and move onto another cell. However, even if our body fights off some of the replicated cells, some of the replicated viruses remain in some cells and can then replicate further.

I can’t bloody find it though. Maybe it was false!

But this might explain why there are cases of reinfection.
I read the same thing - it was explained on Twitter how the virus infects cells.

breathing can transmit at 2m
coughing upto 4m
sneezing up to 7/8m

Areosol vs droplet now no longer applies and considered old fashioned thinking.

The lack of an exit strategy is the one thing that currently keeps me up at night. I'm relatively content my loved ones are safe at the moment (fingers crossed), but it's what happens after the lockdown ends now concerns me. It doesn't really seem there is a plan. If there is one, none of us have a clue what it is, nor do any of the press. I'm really scared that they'll go 'right, back to work you all go', and then we're back at square one and we've all gotta basically just hope every day not to wake up to a call that one of our parents has caught it. It's a shite way to live day to day.

Well apparently they are thinking of re-opening schools after Easter, so presumably with that and all the germs schools carry, we'll also see 1000s go back to work and not socially-distance.

IF that happens, I can see us turning the curve upwards again.

Well apparently they are thinking of re-opening schools after Easter, so presumably with that and all the germs schools carry, we'll also see 1000s go back to work and not socially-distance.

IF that happens, I can see us turning the curve upwards again.

Just how can that be a plan though? Surely they can't reason it.

I'll probably have this post removed by over-zealous mods as well, but it would be reflective of the gov's "plan" up to this point...

tbf they haven’t actually announced a plan/exit strategy yet. They won’t until the threat has significantly gone down. I think it would be pointless to say your can go to work in may for example.

I’d have thought it would be a gradual process over the year. Some of the reports in Italy of easing restrictions sound mad to me though and the obvious risk is of millions more getting infected

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-...8d95c0e2d2c7067796d62c&pinned_post_type=share

The BBC has been inside a new temporary hospital in Manchester which will treat coronavirus patients.

Manchester Central convention centre has been converted into NHS Nightingale Hospital North West, and is due to open by the end of the week.

Work started on 28 March and the hospital will be able to provide treatment for up to 750 coronavirus patients.

Last edited:
There's a lot we don't know yet.

Animal human reverse infection. Re Tigers in zoo.

People possibly getting it again quite soon after all clear. Korea

The distance needed to avoid infection. See video above.

Taking all this into account, going back to school or work anytime soon would seem crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.