Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

There are a number if issues with masks and the effectiveness of wearing them Depending upon the type of mask depends upon as to whether it’s the wearer or those around being protected, generally it’s the later One major issue is the wearer is likely to fiddle with the mask as they are not so comfortable to wear especially for prolonged periods the consequences of this is that having touched surfaces which could be infected to then start touching around face is against all advice.

Playing football with masks on, where are we fucking going, fucking ridiculous I've heared it all now

I agree, just knowing the premier league doesn't give a fuck about anyone makes me a cynic. If City came out and refused to play then it would open some interesting conversations definitely.
someone will come out and declare their not playing,that may be city 'ive a gut feeling it will be' and then the domino's will fall starting with the bottom 3 clubs and those just above them, i seriously doubt its going to get off the ground, meeting tomorow and the arguing will start over safety concerns and it will snowball,remember all it takes is for a team to get part infected and pull out and thats it,what are they going to do forecast the result and make it stand

Unnamed #PL club owner: "There is a great will to play. We simply can't afford to not play. If we wait for a vaccine or herd immunity it could be 18 months without football and 90% of clubs would go bust. Even if we sacked 95% of employees, we'd still go bust." [via
@SkyKaveh

No one will be forced to play. It will ultimately be the player's decision. If a player doesn't want to play it will be their call."

Sergio Aguero: “The majority of players are scared [to return] - they have family, children, babies. When we go back, I imagine that we will be very tense. We will be very careful and the moment someone feels ill, you will think: ‘what’s gone on there’..."

The Sergio quote is lead story on BBC

It's alright for the FA and UEFA telling players to play, they're sat in their offices, they don't have to go out on the pitch and make contact with other players, it's not their lives that are at stake

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.