Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Has this been discussed on here? There's a leaked recording of Bristol Rovers PFA rep message to the players WhatsApp group. The local Bristol paper seem to have confirmed its genuine

In it he says the PFA and EFL have said it is unlikely that the season will resume in June as suggested because testing cannot be done by then. The leagues won't therefore resume and will be decided on sporting merit. Promotions but no relegations so there will be 23 teams in the PL. No fans will be allowed to attend matches until Jan 21 unless a vaccine is found and distributed before that

There was a load of stuff about contracts which was the main focus of the message to the rest of the players

Personally, I don;'t think football is going to resume anytime soon. The powers to be are trotting out certain statements in order to prove that they tried their utmost, when they finally give in to the current crisis.

I'd rather that happen than play out the rest of the season, to be fair the scousers are going to win it how ever they finish it, unless it does get null & void. Giving it to them now mean we keep our 100pts record and anymore that they could break

I think this would be the best possible outcome. The most hollow title win ever with the biggest ever # slapped next to it, which nobody can be there to celebrate and they'd even be denied a parade. The piss taking would be relentless as everybody, including themselves, will know that they didn't actually win it so it will be a fake triumph. As you say, we keep all our records, and if they were even considering it they won't be able to take away our two trophies we've won this season. After all how could Liverpool get a trophy they haven't won and we get two taken off us that we'd won fair and square!?

Also you have to consider that if they're denied it this season, the PL, refs, VAR, media will be bending over backwards to give them the league next season. At least this way it's out of the way, they can pretend they're the champions and the monkeys off their back... and we start again

Personally, I don;'t think football is going to resume anytime soon. The powers to be are trotting out certain statements in order to prove that they tried their utmost, when they finally give in to the current crisis.
il buy that mate,like a defeated army 'well we did our best',the follow up plan of how it ends is the worrying part,as far as the FA are concerned null and void keeprs them out of court, forecasting the finnishing places will cost them millions as the french will find out

someone will come out and declare their not playing,that may be city 'ive a gut feeling it will be' and then the domino's will fall starting with the bottom 3 clubs and those just above them, i seriously doubt its going to get off the ground, meeting tomorow and the arguing will start over safety concerns and it will snowball,remember all it takes is for a team to get part infected and pull out and thats it,what are they going to do forecast the result and make it stand
City (not) ruining football...I'd fucking love it as Kevin would say.

All players have to say is yep I’m fine with playing when it’s 100% safe until then I won’t be setting a foot on a football pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.