Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I reckon the prem pushes this through, just enough for the dippers to win two games then when thats done. Season over.

I would like the players to release a joint statement and refuse to play but they are likely going to be in breach of contract with that if the prem did then organise games.

It is not just about players, it is also coaching and support staff. It is hard to see breach of contract standing up in court should anyone decline to be involved whilst we are in the midst of this pandemic. If players or staff refuse then the team is weakened.

Others have posted about the potential implications of just one person falling sick. A huge risk for anyone who sanctions games especialy when pre-warned about possible consequences. The courts would be busy.

It is not just about players, it is also coaching and support staff. It is hard to see breach of contract standing up in court should anyone decline to be involved whilst we are in the midst of this pandemic. If players or staff refuse then the team is weakened.

Others have posted about the potential implications of just one person falling sick. A huge risk for anyone who sanctions games especialy when pre-warned about possible consequences. The courts would be busy.
I agree, just knowing the premier league doesn't give a fuck about anyone makes me a cynic. If City came out and refused to play then it would open some interesting conversations definitely.

PSG was only 12 points ahead I think and Liverpool are 25 points ahead

With Psg being awarded the title being 12 points ahead . I can see Liverpool being awarded the title should it be null and void unfortunately with them being 25 points ahead :( , a lot may follow what France has done
You award one,you have to award the others..ie...top of championship,top of league 1 and so on....and then they would want promotion,and why not?
Then you have to decide who goes down.
Then you also have to decide champions league places,europa league places etc......all based on giving the dippers the title.
Do they deserve it?....imo,yes.
Should they get it?...imo,no,it ain't won and it ain't fair on all the other teams who would benefit from if it stopped now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.