Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Why will it be safe to train and play, but not safe for mass gatherings, genuine question ?

It will be safer to play a game of football with all players tested every day than get on a packed tube to work which will be happening again soon, if it still isn’t happening. Will it be 100% safe, I don’t think anything will be for some time but nothing ever is anyway.

Do you not think that gigs, festivals, football, night clubs etc will be the last to fully open?

Is that just football, or does that apply for other industries that open and may spread the virus? You don’t just catch it in a football stadium and they will be the last to fully open.
It’s not just football,but it’s the whole media behind it with this idea as if football is the be all and end all for fucksake there is people dying every day from this,the disgraceful pushing of get it started makes my fucking blood boil,I couldn’t give too fucks about Liverpool give them the title maybe then this whole campaign will suddenly stop ..

It will be safer to play a game of football with all players tested every day than get on a packed tube to work which will be happening again soon, if it still isn’t happening.
Yes it will, but its not essential, and nobody is getting on a packed tube anytime soon either.

Will it be 100% safe, I don’t think anything will be for some time but nothing ever is anyway.
Nothing is ever 100% safe, and that is not what people are saying.

Do you not think that gigs, festivals, football, night clubs etc will be the last to fully open?
Yes, unfortunately I do.

Football without fans is nothing to most of us match going fans, if they restart, cancel and start next season without fans, then its of no interest to me, I won't watch any of it, football without match going fans is not football imho.

It’s not just football,but it’s the whole media behind it with this idea as if football is the be all and end all for fucksake there is people dying every day from this,the disgraceful pushing of get it started makes my fucking blood boil,I couldn’t give too fucks about Liverpool give them the title maybe then this whole campaign will suddenly stop ..

Click bait mate. No sport on and any article on football restarting is clearly getting the hits. We are talking about it now!

I don't want any industry to go under that is my point. For some reason some people are starting petitions and getting on the paper for writing letters to the league demanding football doesn't get played behind closed doors. All I am saying is when it is safe, it should be resumed behind closed doors until fans are allowed again. No doubt this will be after sections of the travel industry start to open. I hope so I have a weekend away booked in Cornwall at the start of June!
You'll not be going

All this talk of getting Football back on the Television by Liverpool/SKY sycophants in MSM.

Even one, or two, of our own fans think it is the right time to start easing the lock down.

Seriously disturbing.

Do they realize,or even care, that this Virus is actually a Bio-Weapon.It has been described as being like an airborne AIDS virus.It is still mutating in to different strains of the virus.Nobody has of yet been fully cured of this virus,some that appeared to have recovered have later died.You become infected it is yours for good,until it decides if it wants to kill you later,or not.

AND THERE IS STILL NO VACCINE AGAINST IT.

Nobody knows what the long term implications are for those that have been infected.Will they need a life time of treatment for Liver/Kidney problems.and other long term ailments caused from being infected.

Also if this pandemic follows a similar trajectory to the Spanish Flu of 1918,we can expect waves of this virus as it mutates and spreads.

For those that dont know the second wave of the Spanish Flu in October 1918 was the most deadly.

But here we are in an alternate reality,with a fucking Bio-weapon still on the loose killing people,with no vaccine,discussing bringing back a game of Football no one other than Liverpool fans and Sky TV want to see back yet.

Sickening.

Are Pubs essential to everyday life? - NO
Are Restaurants essential to everyday life? - NO
Is food supply to the general public essential? - YES

...do you see where I'm going with this?

It would appear to many that the premature introduction of football is being pushed for one reason and for one reason only, to save money and save the livelihoods of very, VERY rich people.

It's going to be a very strange new world that will greet us when we eventually come out of isolation mate, and believe it or not, watching ANY live forms of entertainment will not be essential to life. Thousands, many be millions of us will have to find new forms of employment; forms of employment that are deemed essential to this new way of life and that, I'm afraid to say, is probably a fact.

Watch some old videos of sport if you're in need of a sporting fix, but please don't push for "ancient roman gladiatorial matches" because that's possibly what you're asking for by insisting that people play a sport whilst a pandemic virus (which may even already be airborne) is strangling the world, just to ease the boredom.

Great post , perhaps if the people insisting on the "re-start" had lost a close friend or relative they would have a different opinion , i've been to three funerals in the last month , very solemn , sad and depressing with only ten people allowed and having to keep six feet away from someone who just needs support and compassion, so let's f*ck football off for a few more months , it won't kill you.....will it ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.