Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Exactly. There is absolutely no way that the Government will sanction any form of contact sport without at the very least some sort of inhibiting medication. Not even behind closed doors. All the evidence points to that not being possible for some time yet. IMHO the Government should follow France's lead and call everything off until September at the earliest.
I'm sure they will. And then add some

Certainly won't be as good but better than nothing. That's what we are facing unfortunately. At least I'll save a few quid not having to go to matches every week.

Long term it’s a nightmare for football. Imagine how many people will just get out of the habit of going and not bother if it doesn’t start up for another 18m not to mention those who won’t be able to afford it due to circumstances changing. It’s a very uncertain future.

Fuck sake,CONTACT SPORT what other business makes their staff do this with a high chance of injury and catching an infection nobody knows they have

A nine year old boy died on his own,his mother wasn't allowed in to hold him,in a British hospital,hundreds more have died alone but we can send our players out to play a contact sport so nobody in football can go out of business

Pep has lost his mum

I do not want to see Sergio or kev or their wives in this position,i don't care who goes out of business so long as they stay alive

I give up
Tell you what,if and it’s a big if that football does restart and we end up with a surge in people getting covid 19 then I hope whoever pushed for all this is brought to book over it,bunch of money grabbing bastards..

My point is if it's safe to do so, why shouldn't they play.
It appears its not even safe to train, let alone play, suggest you go back a few pages, training in Germany has been on for about a week, and 3 players at one club have already tested positive, so teams playing other teams will help it spread throughout the whole league, its a fucking nonsense.

I genuinely don’t care if Liverpool are awarded the title. It really doesn’t fucking matter in the scheme of things. The PL (and certain journalists) pushing the notion that football can just resume next month is absolutely shameful though. Always think it’s a bit of a trite saying when people say “the game has gone”, but fucking hell.

It appears its not even safe to train, let alone play, suggest you go back a few pages, training in Germany has been on for about a week, and 3 players at one club have already tested positive, so teams playing other teams will help it spread throughout the whole league, its a fucking nonsense.

I agree with you, but one day it will be safe to train and play but still not safe for mass gatherings. Would you agree? At that time it should go ahead behind closed doors is my point.

Tell you what,if and it’s a big if that football does restart and we end up with a surge in people getting covid 19 then I hope whoever pushed for all this is brought to book over it,bunch of money grabbing bastards..

Is that just football, or does that apply for other industries that open and may spread the virus? You don’t just catch it in a football stadium and they will be the last to fully open.

I genuinely don’t care if Liverpool are awarded the title. It really doesn’t fucking matter in the scheme of things. The PL (and certain journalists) pushing the notion that football can just resume next month is absolutely shameful though. Always think it’s a bit of a trite saying when people say “the game has gone”, but fucking hell.
It puts a new slant on the agenda we always debate Ric

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.