Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Possibly but the way the headlines screamed out 'scared!'- all of them l think - was not a good look and they seemed to revel in it.
As usual the litmus test was would they have quoted in the same way if a Liverpool player had used the same words in his own language on his home soil?
I hope he said and meant scared as we all should be if being told you may have to mix closely with others. As for your litmus test, does it matter?

So what if Aguero said he was scared nothing wrong with that at all. It doesnt make him any less of a man. If any think it shows he has more sence than the twats trying to get football restarted.
Aguero is probably saying what most of us are feeling when we step out of our front doors. Most of us that do that are frontline workers or people like me who have suddenly found ourselves doing 'frontline' work.
I would prefer to stat behind my front door but feel I need to do my little bit.
And yes I am scared every day, nothing wrong in admitting that, I am shit scared. Football is non essential and the players shouldn't be told to put them and their families at risk to kick a ball around in an empty stadium. Aguero was right in what he said

I dont buy papers or watch sky, bt etc but if any of those are taking the piss out of Aguero for saying he is scared need to grow up.
I dont disagree with most of what you say but many men me definitely included do not to admit to being 'scared' no matter how they feel.
There are plenty of more 'manly' alternatives and perhaps the Spanish word did. But 'scared' is the word they ran with and they ran it in big black headlines.

Up until this morning I was anti giving liverpool the league. I have always said make it null n void no winners no losers. Football restarts a new season when it can using the finishing places if 2018/19.

Now I really could careless cancel, null n void it call it what you want 'give' it to *liverpool. If a top player is saying he is scared and I would guess he isnt the only one , let *liverpool 'win' it under those circumstances. Yea we 'won' the league because other teams were to scared to play in a pandemic.
Just give it to *liverpool anything that ensures other players come back safe and well.
That's stop all this crap about a restart end it now and only start talking about a new season when it is 100% safe and you can guarantee the integrity of the league. Which any restart will not.

Should the authorities pursue China for damages?
Reports coming out that they lied about the virus at the start.
The reports reflect Trump's desperate attempts to lay the blame for the US economic disaster and his own mishandling of the virus at the door of China. Every tinpot dictator in history has used scapegoating as a political weapon. Trump is leaning on his intelligence services to come up with an answer that fits his narrative. In other words if the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.

No doubt Manchester City have huge amounts at stake in completing the 2019/20 season but I doubt there are any football fans who want to watch football at the moment. Football is going to have to bite the bullet.

Technically, if football is creative they could play the CL is a country that's virus-free. Germany might be virus-free in a month, or Australia, China, South Korea etc. There will be countries who could host an event. It could be set up like the World Cup or European Championships where players are holed up in a hotel for 3 weeks. There's round 16, Quarter Finals, Semi-Finals and Final left. Six games max. Three week operation. The Premier League? Unlikely. If it's safe for players to train as a team when the rest of society is told it's not safe to even gather in a small group in a park at the weekend.

I hope he said and meant scared as we all should be if being told you may have to mix closely with others. As for your litmus test, does it matter?[/QUOTE I sense this is going to be one of those bickering threads over grammar and exact definitions of words etc. So l will just say one last thing

Yes the way the media constantly put City in a bad light in any way they can, obviously or subtly, does matter to me. In fact it pisses me off a lot. Always has and always will.
Thats all. Thank you.

I dont disagree with most of what you say but many men me definitely included do not to admit to being 'scared' no matter how they feel.
There are plenty of more 'manly' alternatives and perhaps the Spanish word did. But 'scared' is the word they ran with and they ran it in big black headlines.
Again, why does it matter if he said scared, so he and every other player should be whilst deaths are still in the several hundreds per day. I'm chuffed for you that you have big bollocks, but you need to wise up to the real world. I bet if you were in ICU gasping for your breath, you wouldn't be banging your chest like you are on here.

No doubt Manchester City have huge amounts at stake in completing the 2019/20 season but I doubt there are any football fans who want to watch football at the moment. Football is going to have to bite the bullet.

Technically, if football is creative they could play the CL is a country that's virus-free. Germany might be virus-free in a month, or Australia, China, South Korea etc. There will be countries who could host an event. It could be set up like the World Cup or European Championships where players are holed up in a hotel for 3 weeks. There's round 16, Quarter Finals, Semi-Finals and Final left. Six games max. Three week operation. The Premier League? Unlikely. If it's safe for players to train as a team when the rest of society is told it's not safe to even gather in a small group in a park at the weekend.
It that you Gary ?

I am at a lose to see what the problem is. So you dont admit you are scared so what Aguero isnt you, I am not you , I am 60 hard as nails but I am scared every time I go to work , scared I might bring the virus home to my diabetic wife.

If you are scared and dont admit to yourself or your wife that's up to you. Me I dont care who knows it , everyone on bluemoon can know it for all I care I am SCARED !.
But we put it to the back of our minds and care on. Our lads gf works in our intensive care unit we are scared for her. These are scary times . If you want to change the word scared to worried that's up to you ;)
If it makes you feel more manly ;)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.