Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

If they had insurance covering something like this it would ended weeks ago! Wimbledon have so cancelled and got they payout so lost next to nought.
Not only insurance for teams but rules in place that state what the outcome will be if the season is cancelled mid season. This would then stop any law suits.

I tell you what, I used to think he was a proper gobshite, well I still do actually but that vid changed my opinion about him. He did tell it how it was and didn't say what most press and media have been spouting.
This is the vid, worth watching if you've not seen it.

So teams who may have escaped relegation will have money capped because a bunch of suits decide they would have been relegated and are being given another season, I can see Villa taking that well. The bloke is still as thick as a tree stump.

Can you imagine the fall out if the season was voided , petitions , court cases , enquiries lasting 40 years , marches on Westminster , all night vigils , the Samaritans employing another 100k employees , all Dipper season card holders put on suicide watch , the blame game would be in full swing , i wouldnt like to be a Chelsea fan.
Which is/are the reason(s) why the government are "scared" (for want of a more "manly" term) of stepping in and voiding the season, IMO.
Can you imagine it? It'd be like Toxteth in the 80s all over again.

Null and void is the ONLY logical way of ending this season but apparently the "integrity of the game" needs to be upheld because "this means more"

It seems clear that the overwhelming majority of PL clubs (including us) support the completion of the season by any means possible. The only way I can see it not happening is if a large proportion of players of most clubs say they aren't prepared to do so.

I was naively hoping our club would take the opportunity to adopt a scorched earth policy in order to weaken our rivals. This would involve stating categorically that the current season could only be completed when games could be played in the usual way & they would be taking legal action if forced to participate under any other conditions.

Let's see how our PL enemies like that.

I tell you what, I used to think he was a proper gobshite, well I still do actually but that vid changed my opinion about him. He did tell it how it was and didn't say what most press and media have been spouting.
This is the vid, worth watching if you've not seen it.

Hi pal just watched it totally agree with you for once he's used his brain cell.
And like you still think he's a knob tho

It seems clear that the overwhelming majority of PL clubs (including us) support the completion of the season by any means possible. The only way I can see it not happening is if a large proportion of players of most clubs say they aren't prepared to do so.

I was naively hoping our club would take the opportunity to adopt a scorched earth policy in order to weaken our rivals. This would involve stating categorically that the current season could only be completed when games could be played in the usual way & they would be taking legal action if forced to participate under any other conditions.

Let's see how our PL enemies like that.

We willing to play football when it’s 100% safe city said this weeks ago and not change there stance!

When will it be 100% safe?

I wonder what would happen if the league restarted, behind closed doors, neutral venues... and Liverpool bottled it. We win all our remaining games and win the league.

How long before it's voided after all?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.