COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ever reliable Paul Weston has an excellent new piece, destroying the ‘following the science’ meme, under the heading Coronaphobia.

“… following the opinion of SOME scientists, who have formed said opinion from a computer model, and whose opinion is strongly disagree with by any number of other scientists.

“Our politicians are following one particular opinion of one particular group of selected scientists; they are most emphatically NOT following science.”

He then lists a seemingly endless series of questions that people like us are asking, and journalists and politicians are not.

Why the hell do you need a pic of the poor kid,
denislawsbackheel
sent you a link to a news item, is that not enough ?

Because due to a pandemic, you'd expect something of the first youngster to die from this there would be a pic atleast. There was a few weeks ago, can't find one now. Your link didn't work either, sort your shit out and curl that bottom lip back in

Last edited:
The ever reliable Paul Weston has an excellent new piece, destroying the ‘following the science’ meme, under the heading Coronaphobia.

“… following the opinion of SOME scientists, who have formed said opinion from a computer model, and whose opinion is strongly disagree with by any number of other scientists.

“Our politicians are following one particular opinion of one particular group of selected scientists; they are most emphatically NOT following science.”

He then lists a seemingly endless series of questions that people like us are asking, and journalists and politicians are not.

I've only got about a minute in, but he's just said that the deaths when compared to a population of 70 million are a statistical irrelevance. They aren't. Our rate of death is well outside of the normal variance for deaths in previous years and is definitely statistically relevant. I agree that the disease might not be the all consuming death plague the papers would have us believe however.

It would have to use a list of your phone contacts. How else are they going to be able to link us all up ?

Entirely depends on how they want to track it.

For example this is basic anonymised GPS data that is already gained by some companies. If you attach a phone number or ID to each data point and you can track it all off line without anyone having a clue.

Create covid hot spots on that map, ping out an SMS to everyone that passed through said hot spot over a time period and go from there maybe.

will have to take a look at there app when it comes out to get a better idea but there’s plenty of possibilities without much need for something high tech.

I could knock up an app to take your GPS location, unique device ID and phone number and feed it back to a database in an afternoon.

Ever reliable!
Are you taking the piss?
He’s a far right racist politician.
Why would any normal person take any notice of the ****?

I've only got about a minute in, but he's just said that the deaths when compared to a population of 70 million are a statistical irrelevance. They aren't. Our rate of death is well outside of the normal variance for deaths in previous years and is definitely statistically relevant. I agree that the disease might not be the all consuming death plague the papers would have us believe however.

I googled who he was before deciding to take the time to watch it.

I decided against spending that time on him.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Weston_(politician)

There is a lot of truth in that article.
A lot of rot too.
But pertinant questions ARE NOT being asked by the media.

Last edited:
Because due to a pandemic, you'd expect something of the first youngster to die from this there would be a pic atleast. There was a few weeks ago, can't find one now. Your link didn't work either*, sort your shit out and curl that bottom lip back in

*There maybe a reason for that... Cos I didn't post a link you Buffoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.