Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

No tackling in training lol. You couldnt make this nonsense up. Talk about desperation its embarrassing. I'm rapidly falling out of love with football these days.

5 years living in South Africa broke the ties for me and this has just rubber stamped it.

Honestly couldn't be arsed if i never watched another game right now.

Ending the league now almost certainly won't stop Liverpool winning it.

It's a health and public safety issue.
I agree with this point of view. Finding it hard to believe what I've just read in the Athletic re: Liverpool's exemplary record of self-policing;
"As The Athletic reported last week, fans groups and experts on football policing have questioned why the police are so convinced football supporters will not respect the social distancing guidelines, and it is understood that several clubs, including likely champions Liverpool, have pointed out they have strong relations with their fans and a good record on policing themselves. "
YCNMIU

If they pull the plug on the season, there is no way the scousers should be handed the league. Your argument of H&S should not be a consideration.

H&S should be the only consideration on whether or not football starts again.

If it is scrapped Liverpool will get the title. 100% sure of that and to be honest it doesn't bother me one bit.

Just reset the season. Start again in August, its by far the simplest of choices.

No relegation and no promotions, no titles. Same teams go into the qualifying pots for the extraneous competitions. Litigation would only come from those team that were not awarded something but tbh if it isn't finished it cant be awarded so I dont see a case, or at least less of a case for being relegated based on something that isnt finished.

After they tried everything I expect them to do that, its the least financially damaging for all parties and the solutions/bias tends to follow money

If they manage to do anything else then the reporters have done an excellent job of saving their professions because what I see are those guys telling us that the clubs want this or that the players want this, when actually it is the hangers on around the sport that want it and they have a voice.

H&S should be the only consideration on whether or not football starts again.

If it is scrapped Liverpool will get the title. 100% sure of that and to be honest it doesn't bother me one bit.
We had crossed wires. I took your post to read H&S would be compromised if they were not handed the title, their feral fans would kick off big style. I maintain though that if the season is canned, there should be no champions or relegations

Just reset the season. Start again in August, its by far the simplest of choices.

No relegation and no promotions, no titles. Same teams go into the qualifying pots for the extraneous competitions. Litigation would only come from those team that were not awarded something but tbh if it isn't finished it cant be awarded so I dont see a case, or at least less of a case for being relegated based on something that isnt finished.

After they tried everything I expect them to do that, its the least financially damaging for all parties and the solutions/bias tends to follow money

If they manage to do anything else then the reporters have done an excellent job of saving their professions because what I see are those guys telling us that the clubs want this or that the players want this, when actually it is the hangers on around the sport that want it and they have a voice.
I'm not sure we will be in a position to play in August TBH.

When we play Brighton and Southampton away, where are the team staying, no hotels open
How are they getting there , are they going in their own cars due to social distancing
May sound daft but have they thought about all these little inponderables

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.