Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I agree with this point of view. Finding it hard to believe what I've just read in the Athletic re: Liverpool's exemplary record of self-policing;
"As The Athletic reported last week, fans groups and experts on football policing have questioned why the police are so convinced football supporters will not respect the social distancing guidelines, and it is understood that several clubs, including likely champions Liverpool, have pointed out they have strong relations with their fans and a good record on policing themselves. "
YCNMIU
Heysel, Hillsborough??

scary figures indeed, but their wrong because the infected/recovery percentage is much much higher than those figures say, the true rate is below 2% and there is a lot of margin for error there

Marco,

Maybe you'd like to produce the "correct" figures then. They are not "wrong" because of anything-they are fact and published daily. Without anything else to go on they are correct. Until we know the actual number of people who have or have had the virus then this is the only measure we can rely on

That's it! All teams to wear EPP - gloves, those welding masks, all in team colours. And then yer could have a fuckin' big sale in the club shop - just in case the second wave comes along.

The PL now warning players that the game will die if they don't agree to play. Wonder how many deaths among the players would the PL regard as acceptable just so long as the game restarted. And they are also suggesting that players don't come face to face - how the fuck are you gonna defend a corner. Perhaps all corners will be goal kicks during CV-19. You can put in place all kinds of 'safety measures' but when it comes to a game of football I do wonder whether those fuckin' goons at the PL have ever played. We may see the dawn of a new sport - non-contact football! Premierball, anyone?
No one can say that any particular activity is 100% risk-free. You take an occupation in it's totality and you start from an understanding of how viral transmission works, and make an overall assessment. I trust someone has done that. Clearly football is not an essential occupation and the government do not benefit greatly from its activity, so I tend to trust that if SAGE say its safe, it is and this is happening across many of the European leagues, and in other sports too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.