Holiday advice

Was supposed to be going Portugal mid July

The eldest lad has a few health issues and the hospital advised us not to go.. in fact they’re telling people not to go abroad until next year

We had a few options

1) cancel it and lose the £240 deposit
2) pay the £2400 balance then wait for Jet2 to cancel it and get it all back
3) pay the balance £2400 then if jet2 say we’re ok to go claim it back on insurance on medical grounds which would cost us £200 excess payments

We went for 1.. all cancelled. £240 out of pocket but one more thing less to worry about

On a personal level I wouldn't have been able to sleep at night tossing and turning over the loss of £240. As long as you're happy is what's of prima facia importance. I have been monitoring Jet2 closely and they seem to be abiding by the game, which shall if I am not mistaken serve them well in the years to come! Shame eternal shame on those that proliferate at the behest of the less well off and is a level playing field too much to ask ?

Last edited:
Hi guys, just after some advice on our trip, well was supposed to be honeymoon.

Booked with Virgin 2 years ago for a two week trip to Florida for our honeymoon. Was due to go 2 days after the wedding but with all this kicking off I changed it the week before when Disney/universal announced they had closed their parks. I sat in the virgin store in a queue for 8 hours that day! Anyway, they were great and I pushed it back to the end of September (at the time it was the furthest date away we could change to).

Any travel right now i really don’t want to bother with, and there will be so many restrictions it wouldn’t be worth it. I have had a look and it looks like we could get a full refund back around £3k minus our deposits which were about £350 combined. Then park tickets were separate but we can get a refund on them at 80% of the price we’d paid, so probably lose out about £250. So is it worth cancelling the lot and losing out on say £600, or wait out a bit longer to see what happens?

Right now, £600 Is quite a bit to lose, but more thinking along the lines of if I leave it too late and borders start to open again then I would be expected to still fly and not go, I will lose around £5k in total.

What would you recommend?
Honestly, I'd bite the bullet and lose the money

Was supposed to be going Portugal mid July

The eldest lad has a few health issues and the hospital advised us not to go.. in fact they’re telling people not to go abroad until next year

We had a few options

1) cancel it and lose the £240 deposit
2) pay the £2400 balance then wait for Jet2 to cancel it and get it all back
3) pay the balance £2400 then if jet2 say we’re ok to go claim it back on insurance on medical grounds which would cost us £200 excess payments

We went for 1.. all cancelled. £240 out of pocket but one more thing less to worry about
We're with JET2 flying mid July
Paid £120 deposit and the balance was due last week
We managed to postpone the payment for two weeks and after discussing it we've decided, no matter what we're not travelling. I'm furloughed but wifey is working, so we can't take the chance that she'll be quarantined for two weeks when we get back and, we don't know what the situation will be on the island we're visiting. Will all the restaurants be open, would it really feel like a holiday, what about health and safety on the plane and transfer etc
I mailed JET2 and asked if they'd send us vouchers for the £120 deposit. They've sent us an email extending the payment date by another two weeks (so asking us to settle up six weeks before travel)
If they haven't officially cancelled by middle of next week, we will and then suffer the loss

If you wanted full cash then you can have it. We have taken a Future Cruise Credit with Celebrity for our recently cancelled cruise at 125% of the cost and will use it for our next cruise in February. Already transferred this summers Fjords sailing to next August.
RCCL wont go under even if they enter Chapter 11
Yes but as I previously stated it was me that cancelled the cruise before they did, due to doctors advice in the early days of covid-19.
At that stage I was entitled to 30% money refund and the rest in credits.
I checked this with my travel agents before I cancelled so I knew exactly what I was getting.

Hi guys, just after some advice on our trip, well was supposed to be honeymoon.

Booked with Virgin 2 years ago for a two week trip to Florida for our honeymoon. Was due to go 2 days after the wedding but with all this kicking off I changed it the week before when Disney/universal announced they had closed their parks. I sat in the virgin store in a queue for 8 hours that day! Anyway, they were great and I pushed it back to the end of September (at the time it was the furthest date away we could change to).

Any travel right now i really don’t want to bother with, and there will be so many restrictions it wouldn’t be worth it. I have had a look and it looks like we could get a full refund back around £3k minus our deposits which were about £350 combined. Then park tickets were separate but we can get a refund on them at 80% of the price we’d paid, so probably lose out about £250. So is it worth cancelling the lot and losing out on say £600, or wait out a bit longer to see what happens?

Right now, £600 Is quite a bit to lose, but more thinking along the lines of if I leave it too late and borders start to open again then I would be expected to still fly and not go, I will lose around £5k in total.

What would you recommend?

If you look at the virgin website you can move any holiday that you have booked up to the end of September to a new date till the end of next year

Yes but as I previously stated it was me that cancelled the cruise before they did, due to doctors advice in the early days of covid-19.
At that stage I was entitled to 30% money refund and the rest in credits.
I checked this with my travel agents before I cancelled so I knew exactly what I was getting.

Sorry abut that.

The post I quoted made no mention that you cancelled just that they had 10k of your money. I presume that comment was in a earlier post

Keep well.

Stenna line booked to go to Holland on a driving trip through Germany, Poland etc for 4 weeks end of July spoke to my consultant at the hospital who said they’d be no chance of me going this year. I tried to cancel it on line their reply are you sure you want to cancel no refund will be available I paid in full in January for ferry cabin and meals wankers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.