Holiday advice

Just rebooked my Seychelles Holiday from May to October.
Flight with Etihad of course !! They rebooked me with no additional charges although had to reduce holiday from 9 to 8 days.
Also booked direct with the resort. Upgraded the Villa due to one night less and still saved £700 on original cost.

Anyone ever tried to obtain a refund from Hotels.com?

Booked hotel room for one night in the Lakes using Hotel.com. Paid by debit card. Got to hotel only to find they had no record of the booking cos Hotels.com had not passed details of the booking onto them, let alone paid them, and there were no more rooms available.
Hotels.com provide no means of contacting them other than by phone, which of course never gets answered. Current 'predicted' wait time to speak to an 'agent' is 3 hours.
Managed to find a room at another hotel under our own steam, but of course had to pay for it. Trying to get a refund out of these corrupt bastards is an exercise in complete frustration.
Have passed details onto my bank, but as I paid by debit card don't know if I'll get any joy

Anyone ever tried to obtain a refund from Hotels.com?

Booked hotel room for one night in the Lakes using Hotel.com. Paid by debit card. Got to hotel only to find they had no record of the booking cos Hotels.com had not passed details of the booking onto them, let alone paid them, and there were no more rooms available.
Hotels.com provide no means of contacting them other than by phone, which of course never gets answered. Current 'predicted' wait time to speak to an 'agent' is 3 hours.
Managed to find a room at another hotel under our own steam, but of course had to pay for it. Trying to get a refund out of these corrupt bastards is an exercise in complete frustration.
Have passed details onto my bank, but as I paid by debit card don't know if I'll get any joy
Breach of contract. Try using chargeback.

I recently used it for a set of car mats not as described. We went to our bank filled out the forms and they submitted them to their in house dept for action. They then wrote to the mat company before authorizing a transaction reversal which in turn afforded the impetus needed to force a refund. The main requirement for getting your money back through chargeback is evidence that there's been a breach of contract which of course happened.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.