A remarkable 9 years ago today!

I always think of Vinnys speech at Yayas leaving presentation when I think of any of his achievements. Although I couldn't be at the 2011 final as I had some business for the Queen to attend to out of country, I was at Wembley for his goal against Sunderland and that's one ill never forget.

Yeah I remember the days of Latics fans taking the piss! It didn't help that we carried on losing to them even as they dropped down the leagues. I still can't warm to them today and they're my home town club on the brink of collapse.

I remember after the 5-2 game at Boundary Beach when David White scored a hat trick going in to school the next week and one of the Junior 4 girls did an assembly about how rude and obnoxious the City fans were! Seemed like everyone was looking at me and tutting as everyone knew I was a blue! Shes still a prick

I would of have my hands held out and shout city city city to drown the fucker out, might of got the cane but it would of been great

My sister and myself couldn,t go to this game as at the beginning of the week we buried our mother. So had to settle for watching it on the TV

Watched it with my kids. Just felt this huge 35 year weight lift off my shoulders at FT. Cried, did the Poznan with the kids and raced my youngest off to her match - well I was the coach. And to put the cherry on top, she scored an absolute belter from a free kick in a 5-1 win. What a glorious day. Got uproariously pissed that evening and cried some more...;)

Watched it in City Sq as was just shy of the required loyalty points (20 points short) - which was a fair way for us to do it for the majority of fans.

Watched it in Club Wembley (which was shite,ticket was a freebie)
There was six of us,all different age groups,and everyone of us cried when singing Abide With Me.
I went in 74 and 76 and both 81 finals,and i was doubting i would ever get to sing it again.

Yaya is the best player to have ever played for us in my opinion.
If you can forgive his last bit of nonsense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.